So Guthrie does a walk through of his gear and isn't using the Axe anymore?

He hardly ever uses it live. Usually for his other gigs he just travels with one guitar and a pedalboard. For Wilson it appears he has more of a shipping budget.

i don't know what he does use the AxeFx for. Recording jamtracks? Those sound pretty good.

but I've noticed him having a slight penchant for hyperbole. ;)

I've seen him live a few times and he was always using a tube amp. So I don't think his approach has changed there.
-
Austin

He was never using an Axe Fx live...

Why would he anyway. He uses a simple tube amp with very minimum effects & gets the majority of his sound from his fingers & the vol knob

Last edited:
Honestly, I also have this set up and have for 5 years now. (Mine has the Eminence Red Fang 12" which is killer, and is the 18w head - less headroom than the 30 but the sweetest tone of the badger series IMHO) I play it every single day - When you want simple amazing tube tone. This basic tube amp (with London power scaling and the ability to become non master volume) can make any sound outside of full shred metal that one can ever want. It does what it does. I can see his fondness. Is it an Axe FX - Hell no, not even close - is it one of the sweetest tones on earth - you bet. I live in harmony with both myself - but, when I head over to a friend's for a jam - I take my badger and forget about it. Set it and forget it.

Back
Top Bottom