So frustrated I want to throw the AX8 in the Trash

Barry Johns

I have gone through 10 freaking USB cables in the short 10 days I've owned this thing!!!!!

I'm not sure what is going on. At first I thought it was bad cables, but no, one after the other, every single cable works for a short period of time, then goes bad and the commuter cannot recognize the AX8. The only common denominator is the AX8!

How is it possible that I order 10 freaking different cables from Amazon and every single one of them starts working with the AX8 and then after a few days, stops working???????

There is a ton of threads already about this.

If you go read up, you will find that the issue is still considered unsolved by Fractal users,
but something that has been mentioned by Fractal staff to look into, is weather or not another app on your computer is using a MIDI port, and shut it down. (I guess chrome does this).

I have a 12 core Mac Pro, I run many various USB devices off my computer, and they all work flawlessly on all the ports. That was the first thing I checked.

That's insane, Like I said, throw this thing away. I have spent over $80 bucks on USB cables!!!!!

I can't believe you spent that much on USB cable and more so on 10 of them.

Any how, have you tried it on a different computer? sometimes all USB ports can fail on a computer, happenes on mu F2king iMac one by one until none of them worked properly.

Don't get too frustrated over this, talk to customer support before throwing the AX8 away, there has never been one electronic device that has not had have bad units in its runs, its to be expected.

There is a ton of threads already about this.

If you go read up, you will find that the issue is still considered unsolved by Fractal users,
but something that has been mentioned by Fractal staff to look into, is weather or not another app on your computer is using a MIDI port, and shut it down. (I guess chrome does this).

It's funny, I have both the AX8 and a GR55 hooked up USB to a laptop, using both AX Edit and a GR55 editor and I've not had one anomaly....even with Chrome open! Not that it couldn't happen, it's just been flawless for me.

I can't believe you spent that much on USB cable and more so on 10 of them.

Any how, have you tried it on a different computer? sometimes all USB ports can fail on a computer, happenes on mu F2king iMac one by one until none of them worked properly.

Don't get too frustrated over this, talk to customer support before throwing the AX8 away, there has never been one electronic device that has not had have bad units in its runs, its to be expected.

2nd thing I tried, on my MacBook Pro, same thing happened.

*If I were a mod I would trash this thread but I'm not*
I expected this. Before buying the Fractal, the one common denominator on various other forums, was that this forum is like cult. Critize their beloved units, and be prepared to be attacked!

Back
Top Bottom