So for no real reason I decided I needed an ESP E-II Eclipse

Gregmang

Fractal Fanatic
Ordered today so very much looking forward to it. I have an ESP Custom Shop bass and it’s flawless. In terms of guitars I have the usual suspects (a couple Fenders, a few Gibsons, a PRS, an Ibanez, on and on...).

Any of you guys have experience with these E-II Eclipses ?

Attachments

• ACDAA2AF-7BB9-4E4B-BF5A-64722D7A9CB1.png
    ACDAA2AF-7BB9-4E4B-BF5A-64722D7A9CB1.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 97
I have two ESP E-II Horizons, I really like the E-II guitars. Very well made, high quality parts, only needed minor set ups. I’m not an eclipse/Les Paul guy, but should be a good one. Blue natural fade looks cool. I have the same set of EMGs in one of my ESPs, and really like the versatility

Was also curious about the ESP LP body style guitars. Bought an EC1000 and just didn't like it, wasn't anything wrong with just buyers remorse. Then I bought Alex Skolnick model because I wanted a thicker body and floyd's rose. I did change bridge pickup, was just too hot for me 17.6k? Crazy! I like the looks of the Eclips head stock better but you get what you get.

IMG_3616.jpegIMG_3552.jpeg

My buddy just picked up a E-II Horizon III and it’s easily one of the best playing guitars I’ve ever had my hands on. The ebony fingerboard is like glass. It was absolutely flawless (until he put it on a hanger in my studio then turned around and tripped over the cord, it fell about 5 ft straight on it’s face and now has the tiniest little chip on the body), finish, frets, everything was just FLAWLESS.

Have fun with it, man!

I had an early 2000's ESP Eclipse II and it was incredible, so incredible in fact that I sold it. Because I'm a massive twat :sob:

Think Im gonna pick up an E-II Full thickness in the new year, if I dont get an EBMM.

I have a great ESP bass. Almost didn't buy it, 'cause nobody uses those, but in the end I liked it more than everything else I tried, so I jumped. Haven't been playing bass much lately, but it's really good.

Yep, 2007 ESP Standard Eclipse II (MIJ) here. Snow white finish, ebony neck, black hardware, EMG 81/85.

Great guitar, especially for hard rock styles

Was also curious about the ESP LP body style guitars. Bought an EC1000 and just didn't like it, wasn't anything wrong with just buyers remorse. Then I bought Alex Skolnick model because I wanted a thicker body and floyd's rose. I did change bridge pickup, was just too hot for me 17.6k? Crazy! I like the looks of the Eclips head stock better but you get what you get.

I have two MIK Skolnick sigs. Not the FR version. Stock they have a JB in the bridge. I'm so used to JBs....they never seemed all that hot to me. One of mine had been 'upgraded' to an EMG Het set before I bought it. I expected to hate those and rip them out. Much to my surprise, they stayed.

Great guitars!

VERY happy with the latest addition to the herd. The build quality is excellent, setup is great...all I needed to do was change strings (us guitar players are sorta strange as anything that doesn’t have GHS Boomers 42-9 feel strange to me. It had Elixer 10’s from the factory).

I’ll be doing some recording this weekend with her,

Attachments

• E7E26A05-6643-41B0-A389-6DAC240522C4.jpeg
    E7E26A05-6643-41B0-A389-6DAC240522C4.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 41
  • F20AC785-194A-4A3D-BA66-1FD6C2570484.jpeg
    F20AC785-194A-4A3D-BA66-1FD6C2570484.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 42
  • F12530A1-A475-4DCD-841F-38C30A9FDA88.jpeg
    F12530A1-A475-4DCD-841F-38C30A9FDA88.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 40
VERY happy with the latest addition to the herd. The build quality is excellent, setup is great...all I needed to do was change strings (us guitar players are sorta strange as anything that doesn’t have GHS Boomers 42-9 feel strange to me. It had Elixer 10’s from the factory).

I’ll be doing some recording this weekend with her,
Looks awesome. I love the body shape on the ESP single cuts. Just really comfortable.

How is the neck on them? Les Paul chunky or shredder thin?

Its actually a LOT like my LP Classics in terms of the neck. The Classics have a much slimmer neck than other LPs which is why I have two. The ESP isn’t shredder thin like a Ibanez or a Jackson but really comfortable. I DO like the shredder neck (like on my Jem) as well as the Classic-type neck.

In terms of the thickness of the body it’s a lot like my PRS...I’m still undecided if I like that or not (my brain says “looks sorta like a Les Paul - should be as thick as a Les Paul) but the more I play it the more comfortable I am with it. It always takes me a few days or a week to get to know a new guitar and I don’t really remember I guitar I’ve ever owned that felt “perfect” the first time I played it.

Its actually a LOT like my LP Classics in terms of the neck. The Classics have a much slimmer neck than other LPs which is why I have two. The ESP isn’t shredder thin like a Ibanez or a Jackson but really comfortable. I DO like the shredder neck (like on my Jem) as well as the Classic-type neck.

In terms of the thickness of the body it’s a lot like my PRS...I’m still undecided if I like that or not (my brain says “looks sorta like a Les Paul - should be as thick as a Les Paul) but the more I play it the more comfortable I am with it. It always takes me a few days or a week to get to know a new guitar and I don’t really remember I guitar I’ve ever owned that felt “perfect” the first time I played it.

Man that thing is nice! How are the EMG's in it, how do they compare to an 81/85 set (if you've used them before) and is the coil splitting decent?

I have tried both the 57/66TW and the 81/85 EMGs. To me, the 57/66 sound less compressed and more voiced for hard rock or classic rock. The “split coil” sounds add some extra versatility, and not a huge drop in volume which is a problem with some passive split coils. I really like the 57/66 set.

Back
Top Bottom