So finally got my FM3 (general questions about the appearance, online preset libs, output mapping, etc)

Output 2 is set up for unity gain, not line level, so you'll have to run the OUT 2 knob higher on that one. It's unity gain with the input when the OUT 2 knob is all the way up. You can also boost the level on the grid by turning up the Level in the Out 2 block if needed. IIRC it's about 18 dB lower than Output 1.
Optionally... There's a global setting to switch to line level.

Was that a more recent addition? There's no mention of it in the manual.

Nevermind, my FM3 manual was outdated. It's in there now.

Output 2 is set up for unity gain, not line level, so you'll have to run the OUT 2 knob higher on that one. It's unity gain with the input when the OUT 2 knob is all the way up. You can also boost the level on the grid by turning up the Level in the Out 2 block if needed. IIRC it's about 18 dB lower than Output 1.
I had it turned all the way up and the audio interface too, still was way lower than expected. Will try boosting it through the block, thanks.

He bought it used, so would have to pay to get it fixed...
Aint no way Im shipping it back to the US for a damn button lol.

You don’t sound like the sort who knows how to repair. Better find a good local electronics tech.
Couldve just advised me a proper cleaning solution instead of this condescending reply. Cleaning a slightly mushy button doesnt warrant paying a tech and having the unit unavailable for a day or two.

Last edited:
Couldve just advise me a proper cleaning solution instead of this condescending reply.
There isn’t one for you. I’m not your mommy so I’m not sugar coating it here. If there is sticky materials, the unit needs to be disassembled, the board, screen keys and keyboard membrane as well as the rotary encoder All need to be cleaned with cotton tips and isopropyl alcohol, then reassembled. Nothing you’ve said so far indicates that you have the experience and skill set to do this without ruining the boX. leading you ultimately to a skilled, reputable electronics repair technician.

I’m trying to keep you from months of regret.

There isn’t one for you. I’m not your mommy so I’m not sugar coating it here. If there is sticky materials, the unit needs to be disassembled, the board, screen keys and keyboard membrane as well as the rotary encoder All need to be cleaned with cotton tips and isopropyl alcohol, then reassembled. Nothing you’ve said so far indicates that you have the experience and skill set to do this without ruining the boX. leading you ultimately to a skilled, reputable electronics repair technician.

I’m trying to keep you from months of regret.
Funny you say that when Ive just finished reassembling the unit back. You dont know me and have no idea what Im capable of, but went ahead and made the assumption I had zero skills based on a single question about a product Id never used. It was nothing major as far as the button went, there was no residue of any kind, the only thing I noticed was that the switch click sound differed from the rest (see google drive video, the first switch (Home) sounds deader than the one next to it as well as all the others) and so the switch itself might be at fault. Its certainly not as clicky and probably doesnt push the button back hard enough in the fully assembled state. Theres also a dent mark on the button (see pic) implying something mustve been dropped on it. I just switched the places of the button assemblies and applied very little oil to it just in case. Now its much better and pretty much flawless, doesnt get stuck or feel weird upon continuous presses.
But sure keep thinking undoing some screws and disconnecting some cables is some skill warranting a 60$ tech bill who wouldnt even find a major problem with the unit to work on.

But Ive had other, more concerning findings that imply the unit mustve been taken apart before:
1) The screen is only fixated with 2 while having 4 mounting points, is this how its shipped, a factory mishap or should I take it the unit has been disassembled before?
2) Missing/mismatching chassis screws. One of the longer screws that holds the sidepods is missing and was apparently replaced with a random shorter screw that doesnt match with the other short screws (see pics).

If anyone has taken their units apart or can do it now to give me a heads up thatd be great.

For the screen, I found matching nuts and its solid now, no give at all.
The chassis screws work, its just weird and triggers my OCD.

P.S. To clarify, the missing screen corner 3 picture is for comparison, showing one of the 2 present nuts on opposite corners. Also, obviously I meant nuts, not screws.

Attachments

• Button mark.jpg
    Button mark.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • Different short screws.jpg
    Different short screws.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • Missing long screw.jpg
    Missing long screw.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
  • Missing screen corner screws 2.jpg
    Missing screen corner screws 2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • Missing screen corner screws 3.jpg
    Missing screen corner screws 3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • Missing screen corner screws.jpg
    Missing screen corner screws.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I had it turned all the way up and the audio interface too, still was way lower than expected. Will try boosting it through the block, thanks.

Aint no way Im shipping it back to the US for a damn button lol.

Couldve just advised me a proper cleaning solution instead of this condescending reply. Cleaning a slightly mushy button doesnt warrant paying a tech and having the unit unavailable for a day or two.
Did you see my post about setting it to Line Level?

Back
Top Bottom