So, convince me to sell my Kemper...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I “get” your point but with the constant updates, other packs, and what not I have everything REALLY NEEDED AND RELEVANT

I'm not trying to convince anybody to buy a Kemper. You said you didn't see a reason to keep the KPA if you have an Axe, and I'm just relaying my opinion. I saw the favorite amps thread, and far be it from me to say the Axe-Fx is lacking in amplifier choice. I'm just saying, when I go on YouTube and see demos of amps from Wizard, Metropoulos, Jet City, Randall and others, I like what I hear, and it feels good to know I've got access to those amps, as well. Even if it's only a snapshot. That's just me, though.

Last edited:
I’m convinced...the only thing that has caused me not to pull the trigger is the idea of getting the FM3 for a lot cheaper.

I just got on the waitlist for the FM3 like two weeks ago...does that mean I could still wait half a year even when it comes out?

I just got on the waitlist for the FM3 like two weeks ago...does that mean I could still wait half a year even when it comes out?
Yes
That’s why I bought mine
I came for the $1000 fm3
Left with the $2200 ax3

what a switch n bait huh lol

you won’t get an invitation and then you still might wait till 2021. Thousands ahead of you

I really think the extra $1000 is a real good deal for 5x the power and stuff

and did you just like and ulike my post dude
Like not cool bro

If amp nostalgia was that overpowering, hell, I'd just buy the amps.

Also, nostalgia is a powerful thing. To the point where you’ll spend your entire life chasing tones you believed were great, only to find out that they weren’t. Or maybe they still are. But from my experience this doesn’t hold true. Context is everything. Which is why I appreciate the flexibility of the Axe.

If the Axe did Morphing Kemper style .......I could be swayed ......but that is a really cool feature of the Kemper.

Still shopping for a 3 to replace my AX8 though! :expressionless:

I'm sure others have answered this, but it's VERY easy to morph on the Axe-Fx by crossfading two amps/cabs.

I don't have experience with the Kemper but I do have experience with the II and the III. The III is a lot better than the II. As for the III vs FM3, the FM3 is going to be more limited, so you can do only 1 amp and 1 reverb. If your motivation for considering the FM3 is saving money, the current sale on the III + FC is a good enough deal to sway the decision for some people.

the only reason I can think of to keep it is that you don't have to wait on an amp to be modeled in the Axe, if you can 15 minutes with it you can profile it, other than that I belive the Fractal is superior in every way. Well, if you value authenticity, as some have stated in this conversation, it's not a big deal to all.

You'll be happy.

I hate posting in these things, since you should not need to post here to 'convince' you of anything. The evidence is in the thousands of video's on this site, and others. You are only limited in your imagination and skill here. If you are not a crafter, there are plenty of others who have created a slew of presets.

Good luck. LEARN the unit, and post if you have questions that have not been answered (and they've ALL been answered here someplace.)

I'm sure others have answered this, but it's VERY easy to morph on the Axe-Fx by crossfading two amps/cabs.

I'll have to do some homework...... sounds like it might work similar...... but I'm not changing amps..

I just made a Kemper rig that is a cleaner Trainwreck type profile... tap the button and my compression goes down, amp gain goes up, reverb gets fatter, delay feedback gets longer if its on, another delay climbs up from a zero mix if its on, and the extra boost gets hotter if its selected.....tap it again and I go back to the original settings. That is some powerful stuff!

I see that you can do similar morphs with controllers...... I think the simple manner in which they impliment it is the appealing part. ;)

Nice move Johnkenn! ..... Enjoy that killer new setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom