So Cliff, have you added any new amps since Oct 31st?

Hey Cliff, what kind of sound is the FAS Crunch amp based off of? Did you begin with a particular Marshall and just start tweaking until you got something you liked better? Did you cherry pick components from several different amps and stack them all together?

I'm always really interested in the FAS designed amp models.

I'm always really interested in the FAS designed amp models.

Me too, I find it facinating if they are like a real circuit design that could be translated (De-modelled?) into a schematic and built with real tubes, caps, resistors, etc. And would it end up sounding the same? Or does Cliff 'cheat' with the FAS models and do things not translatable to regular tube amp hardware.

There's got to be a boutique amp builder interested in building the first physical tube amp based on a Cliff-designed amp circuit. I'd consider buying one on the novelty alone.

Hate to be greedy Cliff, but there was mention of a Bandmaster as well......PLEASE include that if at all possible. Thanks!

Me too, I find it facinating if they are like a real circuit design that could be translated (De-modelled?) into a schematic and built with real tubes, caps, resistors, etc. And would it end up sounding the same? Or does Cliff 'cheat' with the FAS models and do things not translatable to regular tube amp hardware.

There's got to be a boutique amp builder interested in building the first physical tube amp based on a Cliff-designed amp circuit. I'd consider buying one on the novelty alone.

Some of the models could be easily built, others would be more difficult but still could be built. In some models I use high-order filters which aren't usually found in tube amps due to the complexity in implementing them.

I'm usually pretty blah about new amp models because I'm so happy with the tones I've already got. But the Two Rock and FAS Crunch are reaaaallly outstanding.

FAS Crunch is instantly one of the best Marshall type amps in the box and Two Rock is one of the best Dumble style amps I've ever heard (real or modeled).

Very cool to hear; I can't wait to try the FAS Crunch since my main crunch tone is a "Marshall" type of sound and am currently using the FAS Rhythm for that. I set it for more gain/OD then I need and work my guitar volume accordingly to get the required overall level of 'crunch'.

Am also very curious to hear the Two Rock since the Dumble ODS special is one of two amps I use for my lead/solo preset.

Very cool to hear; I can't wait to try the FAS Crunch since my main crunch tone is a "Marshall" type of sound and am currently using the FAS Rhythm for that. I set it for more gain/OD then I need and work my guitar volume accordingly to get the required overall level of 'crunch'.

Am also very curious to hear the Two Rock since the Dumble ODS special is one of two amps I use for my lead/solo preset.

The FAS Crunch is a low to medium gain Plexi-favor model. Very easy to dial in. A bit like the Budda, but more transparent and it does leads better. Love it with my Tele.

I like the Two-Rock more than the ODS/Ojai. Even when paired with a G12H30 which is not its traditional companion IIRC. Again, easy to dial in. It's a cliche but it's instant John Mayer. When adding gain and with a different cab, it gets into Santana territory.

LOved the two rock clip..... ummmmmm WHEN??!!!!!! lol I kid I kid :)

Thanks, again everyone who is in this process of creating new firmwares. You guys are truly champs

Back
Top Bottom