So Cliff, have you added any new amps since Oct 31st?

The FAS Crunch is a low to medium gain Plexi-favor model. Very easy to dial in. A bit like the Budda, but more transparent and it does leads better. Love it with my Tele.

I like the Two-Rock more than the ODS/Ojai. Even when paired with a G12H30 which is not its traditional companion IIRC. Again, easy to dial in. It's a cliche but it's instant John Mayer. When adding gain and with a different cab, it gets into Santana territory.

Is that in the context of using guitar speakers and guitar cabs or FRFR?

Thanks,
Richard

Played the Two Rock model exclusively this past weekend.... this model sang like a bird. Front pick up on my old Ibanez sounded good for once! Attack was killer and it finished my sentences for me!

This is going to be an awesome update!

Question for Cliff and the beta team: What are your thoughts on the Fuchs model?

I'm plenty jazzed about the Two Rock Jet model at this point. Cliff's sample recording sounds an awful lot like my (now gone) hand-tuned and factory modded Fuchs ODS50 (it was quite different in tone & response compared to its original unmodded state). I had no complaints about its stock form really, I had it tweaked to better suit my technique and application at that time (played through it for a year before making any changes - the core voicing remained intact).

I'm really interested to hear your thoughts on the Fuchs models voicing, overdrive, response, etc. and any other thoughts o. This model.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
I made a patch with BB pre --> AC30 ----> Mesa 4x12/Basketwave25 (OH) no mics.... I was a fantastic tone. Even my wife came in the room to tell that THAT was a beautiful guitar sound. Not even my usual type of sound, but i could play that forever. Sounded good with all my guitars, but with my MM Luke III (HH) with volum turned down, it was magic.
So if the new amps are in the same league we are in for another Pearly Gate :D

I`m ready for this :)

Back
Top Bottom