So bought the Cab-Lab last night... here's how that went...

mistermikev

Experienced
well, snagged the cab lab last night. after doing the "ilok shuffle" I settled in to use it.

on the positive side... cab lab is nice. the visual display is something I have only seen in one other impulse loader - very handy. everything is the typical axe quality = nice. the low/hi cut is great... just what the doctor ordered. it'd be nice if it could process stereo cabs and it'd be really nice if there was a 'quick file tree' to allow one two move up/down folders w little effort, but all-in-all I'm happy with the features.

two issues I'm wrestling with:

1) using the 'live' functionality... my levels spiked and hit red (on my interface). even cranking down the cab sliders - still hitting very hot. (before you ask, yes, I'm talking about while I have irs loaded in cab lab -it is still hot - I am aware that running w/o a cab would make things hotter). so exported the cab, stopped live, imported the cab into axefx and no red anymore. In the preset there is only a mild blocking eq after the cab, checked my output block is set to default so no boosting there. I would love to understand why this is the case as I liked the idea (in theory) of auditioning irs in cab lab w/o having to worry if it's going to sound the sm back in the axe.

2) when using live mode... if I simply exit cab lab -forgetting to turn off live mode... now my axe won't make any sound. It's almost like cab lab is still inserted into the line at the output. probably 'holding on to' the axe fx interface driver. so then I have to re-open cab lab, turn off live mode, then exit. unintended feature?

Back
Top Bottom