So, about those factory presets...

DTS

Experienced
They are pretty awesome!

I'm little late in the party. Just checked FAS web site and there was new updated versions of the factory presets.

Who ever made these, has done excellent job! Just wow!

I used my RAN Crusher with bkp Blackdogs set and the presets just worked out of the box!

All I see on the FAS site are presets from March 10th ... are these the "new" ones you are referring to? I do remember FAS making a comment in one of their posts that they would be coming out with what sounded to me like a "premium set" of presets at one point. The comment was made during a discussion about some of the "for sale" custom presets that have been popping up lately. I've been anxiously awaiting some announcement on this ( although its possible I'm just misconstruing their comment and there is no such "premium" pack in the works at all.).

For fun, I did a goggle search for Axe Fx presets and there are quite a few preset packs that are "for sale" that I had not been aware off. Maybe we are seeing the beginning of a major growth industry!

From the March 10th are those new presets and Fremen did at least some of them. I could see this straight away as i bought his other presets. I don't know if he did the all.

All I see on the FAS site are presets from March 10th ... are these the "new" ones you are referring to? I do remember FAS making a comment in one of their posts that they would be coming out with what sounded to me like a "premium set" of presets at one point. The comment was made during a discussion about some of the "for sale" custom presets that have been popping up lately. I've been anxiously awaiting some announcement on this ( although its possible I'm just misconstruing their comment and there is no such "premium" pack in the works at all.).

For fun, I did a goggle search for Axe Fx presets and there are quite a few preset packs that are "for sale" that I had not been aware off. Maybe we are seeing the beginning of a major growth industry!

Yeah! Those are the ones i'm talking about.

None of the previous factory presets ever did anything for me. I will give these a shot next weekend and see how they are.

So are these not the same presets that would come with an axe fx purchased a year or so ago? They are updated?

And they do not update automatically with a firmware update?

So are these not the same presets that would come with an axe fx purchased a year or so ago? They are updated?

And they do not update automatically with a firmware update?

No, yes, no.

Firmware and presets are seperate, otherwise you'd lose all your presets whenever you update.

Hi guys, I didn't create any of these presets, but yes, I checked/tweaked all of them. Most of the time it was minor tweaks because I wanted to respect the work of the original creator... In some cases, I used different cabs because the original ones have been replaced

Quick question:

I'd like to update my AFX presets without losing any of my presets which I've very carefully organised and categorised like so:
xRbIAby.png

(Hrnnng...so organised...)

I started my presets at #500. That way I can refer to the factory presets for ideas or just to fuck around.

I didn't know you could update the stock presets, so I'd like to do that :). While I'm at it, I'd like to back up my current presets in case the shit hits the fan.

I've downloaded the updated presets, however before I start updating\backing up, I'm paranoid I'll fuck something up and I'll lose my presets in the process. I know it'd take something really special to fuck it up that bad...but you haven't met me ;)

Can somebody explain like I'm 5 years old (step by step would be preferred!)
1) How do I save my current presets (From #500 onwards)?
2) How do I upload the new factory presets?
3) How do I combine the two?
4) Hod do I create a big-ass backup of all that?

Cheers!

Loaded them up tonight for grins (1st time since V9???)... Kudos to all that worked on them! Bank A is soooo much better! (Based upon sampling 40-50% of them). Levels are better, Bass is under control, and (to me) less over the top gain. I can see many of these would be usable right out of the box. IMO they do a better job at selling the unit as soon as a new Fractalite hooks it up and turns it up. :)

Last edited:
Can somebody explain like I'm 5 years old (step by step would be preferred!)

1) How do I save my current presets (From #500 onwards)?
2) How do I upload the new factory presets?
3) How do I combine the two?
4) Hod do I create a big-ass backup of all that?
First, read the mini-manual that comes with Fractal-Bot. That'll take all of five or ten minutes. :) There's step-by-step in there. Then, if you still have questions, pop back in and ask away.

Back
Top Bottom