Snarky TGP Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I however submit that treating people with dignity will go a long way in assisting to restore self-esteem. One can't build people back up with force. It is only done with compassion and understanding.
None of which means being meek. One can be strong and hold a firm position while still respecting others.
^^^ This, especially with that edit :)

I think we can be good examples, change the behavior of others, and grant forgiveness, all while remaining strong in ourselves and our convictions.
This too, but I think change has to start in ourselves [not others].
You can't really change other people exactly, but we can try to create a culture that helps heal those who need it, and they'll change themselves.

EDITED BY ADMIN M@: Please don't change words inside a quote. A quote should be a quote.

Last edited by a moderator:
The part I can't wrap my head around is how owning an elite piece gear (whether it's the Axe FX III or a trophy guitar, for example) makes people behave that way. Some people who own amazing stuff are not always great players, but somehow act like they're untouchable. Where does the pomposity come from? I'm sure this is a question for a psychologist but not a bad thing to talk about.

If we can make this forum snark-free it will be a first in the history of forums.
Sad but true, human nature=snark.
Some people see to be looking for it wherever they may be:
1200px-SnarkFront.svg.png

The problem with this is that those with zero or negative self esteem don't know how they themselves ought to be treated. These are, in a sense, broken people.
Dignity or self-esteem is an illusion out of ignorance, according to Buddhism thought, they are disguised as positive emotions but are as poisonous as ego.

I know... This may sounds like a load of nonsense to most, but so is the wise few among the crowd. Only when one is freed from the illusion of self, can he/she finally see/experience things with clarity, then he/she is untouchable, not offended/bothered by anything or anyone, instead compassion and equanimity arise.

Dignity or self-esteem is an illusion out of ignorance, according to Buddhism thought, they are disguised as positive emotions but are as poisonous as ego.

I know... This may sounds like a load of nonsense to most, but so is the wise few among the crowd. Only when one is freed from the illusion of self, can he/she finally see/experience things with clarity, then he/she is untouchable, not offended/bothered by anything or anyone, instead compassion and equanimity arise.
1601498800868.jpeg

Jay is very matter of fact. He speaks like an engineer. He has a quick wit. He’s provided more useful information than most other forum members combined. People are responsible for how they feel about someone else’s comments. No one requires forgiveness concerning gear related discussions.

In my opinion....

I dunno. I just think everyone should grant literally everyone a level of respect by default. It just makes things go smoother. People shouldn't be rude by default but I also don't think people should automatically interpret something someone says in the worst way possible. I dunno. It's the internet...so much is lost without face to face contact. :confused:

^^^ This, especially with that edit :)

This too, but I think change has to start in ourselves [not others].
You can't really change other people exactly, but we can try to create a culture that helps heal those who need it, and they'll change themselves.

EDITED BY ADMIN M@: Please don't change words inside a quote. A quote should be a quote.

Actually guys it was my typo! I did write Treating and some autocorrect fluke changed that to Creating!. So @Dave Merrill - well spotted. And @Admin M@, thanks for protecting my intellectual rights goof! Lol!!!

In any case, I agree that change starts with oneself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom