Snarky TGP Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
HRI was great...

except for that John Ou guy who was a self-proclaimed expert on everything.

John’s a good buddy of mine and he can definitely be a hard ass at times. He mellowed out a bit after leaving Wall St, runs a food truck in L.A. now. Hell, he barely even talks about gear anymore aside from posting his church rigs.

Oh man... the old Amp forum there was a riot! Go back to like the early 2000's - way before MF took it over - back when it was borderline NSFW. It was a bunch of juvenile delinquents and total anarchy. I think HC is where I first encountered Scott Peterson. The live sound pages were actually good.

To me, this (Fractal) has to be the best model I've seen of what a great forum looks like. I have learned so much here, and it's an amazing resource. It has just enough activity to be fun and interesting, but not so much noise that it loses its usefulness. The mods here do a great job, and the community at large is excellent.

You guys remember the KLOPPS guy? He was putting speakers inside of drum shells and had all these beliefs about speaker direction/mic’ing, set up at NAMM a couple times. That was some good fun.

I frequent 4 forums and they're all about the same. None of them are tgp.

Works for me.

Dude, I don’t even tell people about the forum we both frequent outside of this one out of fear of it getting filled with people we wouldn’t want there. Granted, that forum tends to weed itself out of idiots rather quickly and the ones that do end up sticking around eventually weed themselves out.

I received my first dose of Internet snarkyness at HRI. I made a comment about how the Eventide Eclipse cut the reverb and delay tails when changing presets, and how it totally cut the sound during one second when it was running in series with the signal, and someone from Eventide (no need to say names) put the blame on me for using unprofessional equipment with the Eventide (I was running the Eclipse at the effects loop of a Boss GT-Pro, which, btw, did not cut the reverb and delay tails or had sound gaps when changing presets)

Totally agree. Z-talk is a very friendly crowd.
I bought a Maz38 from there around 08. I still miss that amp. I haven’t been able to get my Axe to sound quite like it. Probably had a lot to do with the rest of my rig. The Analogman orange squeeze went really well with it and my ES335

I received my first dose of Internet snarkyness at HRI. I made a comment about how the Eventide Eclipse cut the reverb and delay tails when changing presets, and how it totally cut the sound during one second when it was running in series with the signal, and someone from Eventide (no need to say names) put the blame on me for using unprofessional equipment with the Eventide (I was running the Eclipse at the effects loop of a Boss GT-Pro, which, btw, did not cut the reverb and delay tails or had sound gaps when changing presets)
Were his initials I. D.?

Dude, I don’t even tell people about the forum we both frequent outside of this one out of fear of it getting filled with people we wouldn’t want there. Granted, that forum tends to weed itself out of idiots rather quickly and the ones that do end up sticking around eventually weed themselves out.

If the trash doesnt take itself out, the regulars will hahah.

That guy informed me that my TC Electronics G-Force was absolute trash and better off never used again unless I was ok with having horrible sounding delays and reverbs. :D
The G-Force did have horrible reverbs. I bought 1 right after they came out & it was unusable. I lived close to TC's headquarters in Westlake Village & had met Ed Simeon a couple of times before so I called him and told him about the issues. The reverb would literally howl any time you played a D note, especially the D on the A string. He pretty much blew me off until a couple of days later when Michale Hedges called him & said the same thing after receiving his. All of a sudden they were interested in talking with me so I went in and demonstrated exactly what was going on & they admitted it was messed up. They did a couple of updates but it was never very good. It still had an uneven howling sound at certain frequencies but not as over the top as it was when it was first released. At best it took my long ambient verb patch from "angels singing" to "banshees screaming". Finally being sick of the bad reverb all the years I had the G-Force is what led me to Fractal. I didn't even care about the amp modeling, I just wanted a great sounding effects unit. I just happened to go on the Fractal site the morning the waitlist for the Axe Fx II was announced, got on it & have been in reverb heaven since. The amp modeling was this icing on the cake & I went from using it as an effects unit with my Triaxis rig to full on Axe only FRFR system. And no, my initials are not I. D.

The G-Force did have horrible reverbs. I bought 1 right after they came out & it was unusable. I lived close to TC's headquarters in Westlake Village & had met Ed Simeon a couple of times before so I called him and told him about the issues. The reverb would literally howl any time you played a D note, especially the D on the A string. He pretty much blew me off until a couple of days later when Michale Hedges called him & said the same thing after receiving his. All of a sudden they were interested in talking with me so I went in and demonstrated exactly what was going on & they admitted it was messed up. They did a couple of updates but it was never very good. It still had an uneven howling sound at certain frequencies but not as over the top as it was when it was first released. At best it took my long ambient verb patch from "angels singing" to "banshees screaming". Finally being sick of the bad reverb all the years I had the G-Force is what led me to Fractal. I didn't even care about the amp modeling, I just wanted a great sounding effects unit. I just happened to go on the Fractal site the morning the waitlist for the Axe Fx II was announced, got on it & have been in reverb heaven since. The amp modeling was this icing on the cake & I went from using it as an effects unit with my Triaxis rig to full on Axe only FRFR system. And no, my initials are not I. D.
Reverb? What's that? I'm busy adding 5 delays on top of each other :tearsofjoy:

And at least I wasn't referring to you with the initials. Totally different dude for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom