Snarky TGP Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many of you were active at hugeracksinc.com? man, those were the days.

There is where I found the first review about the Axe-FX Standard, when Fractal Audio was totally unknown.

At that time I was using a huge rack, and that review was too good to believe it. There was no other information about the new device, except one interview where Cliff said that, after creating the Axe-FX, he would like to invent a device to read the mind of his cats.

I thought that the review could have been written by a friend of that unknown manufacturer, so I created the Axe-FX Users Forum to attract real users. After a while, several real users started to chime in, and the interest grown very fast.

I was in Spain, G66 was still not born, and FAS was not shipping internationally, so one member of the forum kindly re-sent one unit to me. The rest is history.

It is a pity that the old forum dissapeared. The host that I was using, setbb.com, vanished without notice

Last edited:
The Gear Page was once a good forum. There are still parts of TGP that I frequent. But I abandoned the Digital and Modeling sub-forum a while ago.

Extended Adolescence is on full display in just about every thread related to Fractal gear.

The thing that strikes me about current-day TGP is how much of the content seems specifically engineered to drive engagement - posters just outright trolling, for the most part. I don't know if that's an intentional strategy or learned behavior.

There is where I found the first review about the Axe-FX Standard, when Fractal Audio was totally unknown.

At that time I was using a huge rack, and that review was too good to believe it. There was no other information about the new device, except one interview where Cliff said that, after creating the Axe-FX, he would like to invent a device to read the mind of his cats.

I thought that the review could have been written by a friend of that unknown manufacturer, so I created the Axe-FX Users Forum to attract real users. After a while, several real users started to chime in, and the interest grown very fast.

I was in Spain, G66 was still not born, and FAS was not shipping internationally, so one member of the forum kindly re-sent one unit to me. The rest is history.

It is a pity that the old forum dissapeared. The host that I was using, setbb.com, vanished without notice

HRI is where I first learned of the AxeFX and I could have sworn it was Cliff who had made a post about it on there. I was drinking quite a bit in the ole Shirtless days, though. Most of the core members of HRI are all in a FB group now, Shizzer - Where’s My Fish?. We still joke about boat gigs and anything Chuck-related.

If we can make this forum snark-free it will be a first in the history of forums.
Sad but true, human nature=snark.
I have had to stop posting on one of the car forums because too many people were responding with how stupid my question was.
Gee-wiz, I was starting to get a complex.

I think it's worth trying though. I hereby declare that if I use an inappropriate tone you're free to say "hey dude chill out".

When I first got a Helix back in 2016, it was my first modeler, and I learned quite a bit from some discussions on the TGP modelling forum. It didn't seem that awful to me at the time, mostly friendly and helpful, though there were some people I ignored, and discussions I skipped. Haven't been there much since getting my III, there's just a higher level of discussion about it here.

You folks make me morbidly curious to drive by there again now, but I have (lots of) things I'd rather spend my time doing.

Yet another example of humans left to their own devices, yay.

Can’t believe no mention of Harmony Central yet....

The Open Jam forum was exceptionally brutal.

Oh man... the old Amp forum there was a riot! Go back to like the early 2000's - way before MF took it over - back when it was borderline NSFW. It was a bunch of juvenile delinquents and total anarchy. I think HC is where I first encountered Scott Peterson. The live sound pages were actually good.

To me, this (Fractal) has to be the best model I've seen of what a great forum looks like. I have learned so much here, and it's an amazing resource. It has just enough activity to be fun and interesting, but not so much noise that it loses its usefulness. The mods here do a great job, and the community at large is excellent.

Ooh, the old setbb board. Whew...going back.

As mods, we all saw the behavior of people on those other boards, and deliberately wanted a place that DID NOT have those warts. Yes, we have our tiffs here, but generally this is the most even, helpful, and generous set of people in a music forum. That's about the population, not the mods.

R

The Fractal community is the best out there.

Rig Talk at least seems to be better than the TGP in this regard for broader discussions, but there can still be some bad apples over there too. Had a guy call me a douche for posting in an older thread where I was simply thanking an OP for a really helpful video that compared a Mark IV and SLO 100.

Bare Knuckle Pick up forums also seem to be a respectable group as does PRS.

Its amusing going to the digital and modeling section and seeing the same handful snipe and troll each other in every thread lol. They act like its their own personal forum, and like what ever opinion they conclude is obviously the right and only one.... lol.

At least they are easily identified and ignored.
yeah it's always the same few people over there that ruin the vibe for everyone with semantics and nit picking... I think we all know the few we're talking about...

except for that John Ou guy who was a self-proclaimed expert on everything.

He's in the Facebook gear talk groups now, had to block him

I loved posting on TGP for the simple fact I can't resist hammering ignorance. Once in a while you connect with people that are there to actually share and educate. (and not pontificate, but it's getting rare. The entire world is getting ruder, hiding behind the cyber-wall)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom