Snarky TGP Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can make this forum snark-free it will be a first in the history of forums.
Sad but true, human nature=snark.
I have had to stop posting on one of the car forums because too many people were responding with how stupid my question was.
Gee-wiz, I was starting to get a complex.

I have a feeling once I come up on the wait list and get my first Fractal unit, I'll be over here and not so much over there.

If we can make this forum snark-free it will be a first in the history of forums.
The PRS forum is pretty friendly. We get a fair amount of bashing in various interent parts, so maybe we just needed a safe place :p

I'll do my best to reduce contentiousness, not contribute to it.

Thank you for the reminder, and for keeping that nonsense out of this forum. I'm an admin for the Fractal Audio FB group, and the same policy applies there. My expectation is that people follow "Wheaton's Law". Fortunately, most people abide by the simple rules in my pinned post for that group, but I don't hesitate to act when it's necessary to do so.

I am a total smarty-pants, and have a great sense of humor, but I won't abide belligerence or deliberate rudeness.

Nice!, so non-TGP snark is still allowed!

zO5yGzE.gif

This is the only forum I am on. I am here 2 or 3 times per day.

On FB, I have muted "friends" that just repost other people's crap, or originate crap. I have never had a twitter account (the internet complaint section!)

The community here is outstanding! Thanks for all of the positive contributors here - I learn so much!

I enjoy a lot of the threads on TGP. I've been a member there for eleven years and I browse it nearly every day. If a thread gets out of hand I just disengage. It is easy to ignore the negative stuff.

agreed some of it is funny actually
but there are some good off topic
tangents like engineering
manufacturing etc that make you shake your head

This forum and Z-talk (dr. z amps forum) are the best on the web IMHO.

And the official PRS forum. That and this forum are the only places I frequent. Though I have hung out at he Z forum a lot in the past, and it is civil and informative.

The common theme for these 3 forums is members that are passionate about the product, and want to be helpful to others, and giving the benefit of understanding to comments that might be considered snarky or starting something until they prove otherwise. And usually, it was just a poorly worded post instead of starting something.

I still go to TGP, but mainly for the emporium, and not very frequently. Good info there, and people, but it seems every thread becomes a fight now.

I enjoy a lot of the threads on TGP. I've been a member there for eleven years and I browse it nearly every day. If a thread gets out of hand I just disengage. It is easy to ignore the negative stuff.
I've seen so many TGP posts that start of with an interesting topic then go horribly wrong when someone chimes in with their uninformed, worthless, and offensive 2 cents, and the whole things spirals out of control, totally off topic. That rarely ever happens in this forum, thank God.

Reactions: ESW
Gearslutz is the worst...

But generally, in my experience, the best music forums are Fractal, PRS, and Sequential. I’m sure there are others, but for every good one, there are 5 bad ones.

That being said, I might sometimes seem “snarky”, though I try not to... usually it’s when someone posted something stupid or demeaning about someone else and my “skewed wit” + “absolute lack of filter” make for sharp comments that can seem “snarky”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom