Snarky TGP Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having never really visited TGP before I decided to have a look... ... ouch. And I thought modular synth forums can be bad :s

He's still obnoxious when he posts on TGP occasionally. He told me to stay out of a discussion because I didn't post in the rack sub-forum very often. That guy can eat a bag of it.
If you are talking about I. D., I think he's been eating it all of his life. You are what you eat. I had to laugh when he came here blowing his horn sniffing around for a job after Eventide dumped him. Credit to Eventide that they finally figured it out.

Now there was a name for a site that could get you in trouble when the misses looked at the browser history haha.
LOL. Did you ever notice that expertsechange.com added a hyphen, as some people noticed it could be 'experts exchange' or 'expert sex change' depending on where in the domain name you de-concatenated the words?

If we can make this forum snark-free it will be a first in the history of forums.
Sad but true, human nature=snark.
I have had to stop posting on one of the car forums because too many people were responding with how stupid my question was.
Gee-wiz, I was starting to get a complex.
I have a pro audio forum and have one rule: don’t be an asshole. And I’m the judge of who’s being an asshole.
I started it because Gearslutz had just gotten so unbearable...deleting threads, shilling for advertisers, mods with Napoleon complexes...been going for seven years now.
Found this place because I finally took the plunge and bought the AX III and have just been over the moon about it. I proselytize on my forum all the time about it. I’ve had lots of extremely high end pro audio gear - vintage mics, pres, etc...but the Axe FXIII might be the best buy I’ve made for my studio...just solved so many issues.
Anyway - if you’re interested in pro audio talk, please stop by. Www.realgearonline.com

Last edited:
I run the Facebook FX8 users group and I don't accept anyone that has no guitar or music related stuff on their page or if they are a member of more than 100 groups.

So far I've only banned one member and that's because he was being unreasonable and childish. Fractal folk are cool people generally, and the only other guy I blocked was my ex guitar teacher who became unhinged for some reason and developed a Tom Anderson / David Icke obsession.

Hey ho ... never mind.

I have a pro audio forum and have one rule: don’t be an asshole. And I’m the judge of who’s being an asshole.
A balance I struggle with, being a moderator who likes a vague rule like this, is not becoming the thing I hate. I'm sure you can find a handful of people who will happily tell you I'm an asshole here. I try hard not to be. It's a very hard problem. :)

A balance I struggle with, being a moderator who likes a vague rule like this, is not becoming the thing I hate. I'm sure you can find a handful of people who will happily tell you I'm an asshole here. I try hard not to be. It's a very hard problem. :)

My friend and I were discussing an altercation w someone else and I said to him, "well that's because you're an asshole" and he was obviously irked by that and I said "well friend, do you tell people your thoughts, knowing full well they'll be offended or hurt by your words?" 'yeah, I do that...' "well that kinda makes you an asshole but better than being a little bitch, right?" 'yeah, it is. you're an asshole too.' ;)

I try to follow the golden rule, or some variant of it: "Try not to treat others as you would not want to be treated". Or "Try to treat others as you would want them to treat you."

That usually gets me by most situations ... until I lose it!

The problem with this is that those with zero or negative self esteem don't know how they themselves ought to be treated. These are, in a sense, broken people.
You are right, of course.

I however submit that creating people with dignity will go a long way in assisting to restore self-esteem. One can't build people back up with force. It is only done with compassion and understanding.
None of which means being meek. One can be strong and hold a firm position while still respecting others.

Jay is very matter of fact. He speaks like an engineer. He has a quick wit. He’s provided more useful information than most other forum members combined. People are responsible for how they feel about someone else’s comments. No one requires forgiveness concerning gear related discussions.

In my opinion....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom