Snarky TGP Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
The G-Force did have horrible reverbs. I bought 1 right after they came out & it was unusable. I lived close to TC's headquarters in Westlake Village & had met Ed Simeon a couple of times before so I called him and told him about the issues. The reverb would literally howl any time you played a D note, especially the D on the A string. He pretty much blew me off until a couple of days later when Michale Hedges called him & said the same thing after receiving his. All of a sudden they were interested in talking with me so I went in and demonstrated exactly what was going on & they admitted it was messed up. They did a couple of updates but it was never very good. It still had an uneven howling sound at certain frequencies but not as over the top as it was when it was first released. At best it took my long ambient verb patch from "angels singing" to "banshees screaming". Finally being sick of the bad reverb all the years I had the G-Force is what led me to Fractal. I didn't even care about the amp modeling, I just wanted a great sounding effects unit. I just happened to go on the Fractal site the morning the waitlist for the Axe Fx II was announced, got on it & have been in reverb heaven since. The amp modeling was this icing on the cake & I went from using it as an effects unit with my Triaxis rig to full on Axe only FRFR system. And no, my initials are not I. D.

Hmm, I can’t say I ever experienced that and for a good number of years, almost everything I wrote was in D minor. That said, I was never going for ultra clear reverbs and the presets I did have reverb on had so much delay going on that it would have been buried anyway. I’m letting my buddy use it now while he’s on the waitlist for an FM3. I’ll never get rid of it because I don’t sell any gear after too many years of seller’s remorse.

Hmm, I can’t say I ever experienced that and for a good number of years, almost everything I wrote was in D minor. That said, I was never going for ultra clear reverbs and the presets I did have reverb on had so much delay going on that it would have been buried anyway. I’m letting my buddy use it now while he’s on the waitlist for an FM3. I’ll never get rid of it because I don’t sell any gear after too many years of seller’s remorse.
They fixed the major howling (it sounded more like feedback than reverb) around the D notes after I showed them. I still can't believe no one heard that when it was being developed LMAO! That was back in 1996 right after it was first released. It still was very uneven but at least was kind of useable after that.

I received my first dose of Internet snarkyness at HRI. I made a comment about how the Eventide Eclipse cut the reverb and delay tails when changing presets, and how it totally cut the sound during one second when it was running in series with the signal, and someone from Eventide (no need to say names) put the blame on me for using unprofessional equipment with the Eventide (I was running the Eclipse at the effects loop of a Boss GT-Pro, which, btw, did not cut the reverb and delay tails or had sound gaps when changing presets)

He's still obnoxious when he posts on TGP occasionally. He told me to stay out of a discussion because I didn't post in the rack sub-forum very often. That guy can eat a bag of it.

Last edited:
They fixed the major howling (it sounded more like feedback than reverb) around the D notes after I showed them. I still can't believe no one heard that when it was being developed LMAO! That was back in 1996 right after it was first released. It still was very uneven but at least was kind of useable after that.

Ah, I didn't get mine until sometime around 2004. Sam Ash had it in a rack with a tag that said G-Major. I got it brand new for $400.

I’ve been on that board since pretty much the beginning (I was still in my 20s LOL) though I don’t think I’m a typical TGP’er. It definitely used to be a cooler experience. With hundreds of thousands of members, you can’t really assign a distinct personality to the entire board but I admit that you definitely notice the handful of loud ones. And because of that handful, the Digital and Modeling forum straight up sucks IMO. I know it’s a page for discussing gear but that subforum has too much geek and not enough music. Heck, I see half of those guys over here.

I was an IT Project Manager for a long time. The digital forum over there often feels like a coalition of the most socially inept and least likable sw engineers and IT “executives” I’ve ever worked with. It’s like they found each other!

I’ve been on that board since pretty much the beginning (I was still in my 20s LOL) though I don’t think I’m a typical TGP’er. It definitely used to be a cooler experience. With hundreds of thousands of members, you can’t really assign a distinct personality to the entire board but I admit that you definitely notice the handful of loud ones. And because of that handful, the Digital and Modeling forum straight up sucks IMO. I know it’s a page for discussing gear but that subforum has too much geek and not enough music. Heck, I see half of those guys over here.

I was an IT Project Manager for a long time. The digital forum over there often feels like a coalition of the most socially inept and least likable sw engineers and IT “executives” I’ve ever worked with. It’s like they found each other!
Same thing with the "Playing and Technique" sub-forum. It's pretty much run by extremely narrow minded and elitist jazz wankers. When they're not busy getting themselves off, they're having their hands full giving reach-arounds to their fellow jazz-turbators...

Same thing with the "Playing and Technique" sub-forum. It's pretty much run by extremely narrow minded and elitist jazz wankers. When they're not busy getting themselves off, they're having their hands full giving reach-arounds to their fellow jazz-turbators...
LOL That is the forum I frequent the most there.
There was a time when TGP was a great forum and had some great people in there.
I started curbing my time there about 8 years ago. Still learn something from the Playing and Technique forum so I stay there mostly.

The Digital and Modeling forum has about five people that comment on every thread and they're not contributing to the conversations with anything useful, just memes and trolling. It was after I started hanging out in that sub forum that I learned the value of the ignore feature. Yes, some of those same people are on this forum as well but they don't seem to be as active.

He's still obnoxious when he posts on TGP occasionally. He told me to stay out of a discussion because I didn't post in the rack sub-forum very often. That guy can eat a bag of it.
I know that feeling.

I had a particularly brutal exchange with Jay Mitchell one time on TGP. I want to say after that, he doesn't show up too often and he is on better behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom