Snarky TGP Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of...

I was in a coma for a few years, and missed out on a lot of forum transpirations. Whatever happened to:

Scott Peterson?
Jay Mitchell?
The fuzz and fx guru guy... Dsomething. Dpeterson? I don't remember his name but he was a treasure trove of information.
Same for Java Junkie... haven't seen his name in a while.

Speaking of...

I was in a coma for a few years, and missed out on a lot of forum transpirations. Whatever happened to:

Scott Peterson?
Jay Mitchell?
The fuzz and fx guru guy... Dsomething. Dpeterson? I don't remember his name but he was a treasure trove of information.

Scott is still one of the mods there
he really does not post much at all in the modelling forum

Jay Mitchell i think left or got banned
He actually is a very smart guy but he can also come off as condescending and rude on occasion
he has no time for people that try to argue his expertise

not sure of the Fuzz guy or the others

Jay Mitchell - I remember lots of scrappy threads containing his precise rebuttals - Dunno what happened to him - I vaguely recall some sort of curfuffle around the time of the Atomic Reactor (pre clr)

Glad I don't follow TGP - I don't know what made you want to fire off this salvo, but I do know that I always try to be positive and to help where I can. I have noticed people are getting more touchy lately.... Maybe it's all the crap going on outside. Wish they'd let me out of my house... it's been a while.

This forum is (on the whole) a pretty good place to be, with most of us having empathy and good humour. Please sledgehammer those that show otherwise!

Hope your day gets better,

Thanks
Pauly

If you are going to pull the snarky Gear Page crap here your post will be deleted. If you got something constructive to say I'm all ears. If all you have to say is snarky bullcrap go somewhere else.

I just started checking in here, and you can see this forum is different. The crowd is more civil, helpful, and knowledgeable in general. The mods always seem to pop in and, well......moderate.

I was reading something on here earlier, a post back from 2018, with someone going through INCREDIBLE lengths to explain a W/D/W setup (with the III and two tube heads into 3 cabs) to someone in Brazil, even including personalized diagrams and routing schematics. That took some time and effort.

Plus there was a language barrier to decode. The OP's English wasn't fluent.
Even still, the OP got their answer in great detail and it made his week. Awesome.

If you're having trouble with gear, getting a quick, concise answer from a forum member can save a ton of heartache and frustration.

Every time I go back and look at TGP these days I just shake my head and remember to stay away for a few months more. This and the PRS Forum are my daily haunts. I really appreciate the atmosphere and the people here!

Speaking of...

Scott Peterson?
Jay Mitchell?
The Jay Mitchell far field IR thread was epic. I’m going to have to try his “C” IR again, see how it sounds now.

Its amusing going to the digital and modeling section and seeing the same handful snipe and troll each other in every thread lol. They act like its their own personal forum, and like what ever opinion they conclude is obviously the right and only one.... lol.

At least they are easily identified and ignored.

Its actually a shame because there are act of really cool cats on that board too, they just get buried in vocal minority.

Recognized more than a few from here over there as well.

There are many people out there in every arena of life with just enough knowledge and talent to be dangerous to themselves, and of course they have not lived up to the success they feel they deserve so they continually feel the need to prove themselves by being argumentative and snarky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom