Snap to default?

Trazan

Experienced
Is there a knob pair/double click/sumthin' on the Axe that will set the selected parameter to its default setting? Spending too much time dialing back to default here! :ugeek

I don't think so on the Axe, but in Axe Edit, you can double-click any knob and it'll reset to default.

I don't think so on the Axe, but in Axe Edit, you can double-click any knob and it'll reset to default.

Yeah, I was hoping for something like that on the Axe. It would be nice to just snap it back to default after checking out parameters. Takes time to dial e.g. that global graphic eq back to zero... :ugeek

Ok, double-clicking the Bypass knob resets all parameters in a block. Would still make me happy if there is a way to reset single parameters!

+1
I think the same thing everytime I juke one of my presets when I'm just messing with stuff...

+1
I think the same thing everytime I juke one of my presets when I'm just messing with stuff...

That reminds me, I've also been looking for a "compare" function. Does such a thing exist? Hard to know in what direction things are going from the saved preset after messing with settings for a while!

I'd love to have a way of snapping individual parameters back to their saved settings and a way of comparing a preset to the original version before saving.

It'd be nice to have a built-in compare feature. Meanwhile, I just reserve a couple of spaces on the Axe for tweaking. Put a copy of your patch in each space, tweak one of them to death, and keep the other one as is to compare with. Axe-Edit makes that even easier.

That reminds me, I've also been looking for a "compare" function. Does such a thing exist? Hard to know in what direction things are going from the saved preset after messing with settings for a while!
It'd be nice to have a built-in compare feature. Meanwhile, I just reserve a couple of spaces on the Axe for tweaking. Put a copy of your patch in each space, tweak one of them to death, and keep the other one as is to compare with. Axe-Edit makes that even easier.
There is no direct built-in compare, but (and this has been covered before), you CAN use the "snapshot" feature to accomplish the same thing - without using up or requiring a single preset slot! Take a snapshot of each "stage" of your preset edits. That saves each "version" to the snapshots location (look under Utilities in AxeManage) as a preset. You don't need to update the Axe usng this method. Do all your edits, saving as snapshots - how ever many you need. After the last snapshot save, you can do a refresh from hardware - which refreshes the original into AxeEdit. Listen to it. Then nav to the snapshots location in AxeManage and edit (via input) the most recent snapshot. Direct compare. Easy. No changes to Axe. no danger of overwriting something precious. You can then delete the snapshot versions you do not want to keep and save the most recent to the Axe (if you want), or discard the entire set of snapshots..Simple :)

PS: FWIW - I tend to do any editing/preview/compares using 384 (blank preset) as the preset, so if I do something unintended, I do not overwrite or erase anything. I also make backups of ALL banks BEFORE doing any edits. This is good procedure folks!

There is no direct built-in compare, but (and this has been covered before), you CAN use the "snapshot" feature to accomplish the same thing - without using up or requiring a single preset slot! Take a snapshot of each "stage" of your preset edits. That saves each "version" to the snapshots location (look under Utilities in AxeManage) as a preset. You don't need to update the Axe usng this method. Do all your edits, saving as snapshots - how ever many you need. After the last snapshot save, you can do a refresh from hardware - which refreshes the original into AxeEdit. Listen to it. Then nav to the snapshots location in AxeManage and edit (via input) the most recent snapshot. Direct compare. Easy. No changes to Axe. no danger of overwriting something precious. You can then delete the snapshot versions you do not want to keep and save the most recent to the Axe (if you want), or discard the entire set of snapshots..Simple :)

PS: FWIW - I tend to do any editing/preview/compares using 384 (blank preset) as the preset, so if I do something unintended, I do not overwrite or erase anything. I also make backups of ALL banks BEFORE doing any edits. This is good procedure folks!

GREAT tip! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom