"Smoke on the water" cover + Gillan voice

Thanks Vic really great solo. I like your take on one of the first songs I played as a kid in a bar. It brings back memories plus a feeling I was born way too late. This bar was a jazz bar and our school band teacher took us there one June evening to play as a group but also to improv with her and play solo. I played sax so improved with the teacher while she played piano. That was fun. Next I played about a 15 minute set of various rock tunes and one of my originals. My favorite guitar player at the time was Richie Blackmore so played my rendition of Smoke On the Water. After my set a man who said he was 85 came up to me and said that I'd better learn to play the guitar as all I could really do was play chords and shred like a guy with both hands in casts. My dad spoke to him saying that I'd only been playing for a few months and that he thought I was great. What are dad's for right. The old man red lined it and reiterated that I totally sucked. What can you say to that? Maybe the guy's wife had just passed away....who knows. But your playing brought back good memories plus I really like your guitar work. It bleeds passion and without passion what does an artist have?

Back
Top Bottom