Smilefan's Axe II Patches Thread

I'm new to this thread and I, like others are on the Axe-Fx II waiting list. I just had to say to smilefan, awesome work. I love the history, the humor and the techno-speak all wrapped up in your highly anticipated (and appreciated) posts. Great stuff. Thank you. I can't wait to give these sonic tidbits a try.

Effective 10/24/2011 all the patches of this thread have been
re-edited and redone in honor of this thread being made part of the
permanent Wiki record. They sound their best now. Also, all the
new patches are now posted in this thread on their original thread pages as well.

New link to the full Patch Zip file for this entire thread:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42749093/Smilefan Patches Pt.1.zip

New link for an updated comprehensive Patch description text file:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42749093/Smilefans Patch Descriptions Pt.1.docx

Thanks to everyone for making this thread a great success. See you on Part II.

Hey man, you built it and we ca-- ... wait that didn't sound as I'd intended it LoL
Rock on!

I'm new to this thread and I, like others are on the Axe-Fx II waiting list. I just had to say to smilefan, awesome work. I love the history, the humor and the techno-speak all wrapped up in your highly anticipated (and appreciated) posts. Great stuff. Thank you. I can't wait to give these sonic tidbits a try.

Its appreciation like this that makes it so rewarding for me to do this. Part I of the Thread is retired.
We are all over on Part II now:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...72-part-ii-smilefans-axe-ii-patch-thread.html

Here is a pretty sound not often heard. A vibrato circuit! Not to be
confused with tremolo, which is cyclical volume variation.
Vibrato is frequency modulation, the changing of the pitch of a signal.

Historically, tremolo-equipped amps first appeared in the
late 1940’s, followed by Fender’s 1955 flagship amp, the Tremolux.
In the late ‘50’s a company called Magnatone released the first
amps with real pitch-shifting. They sounded pretty cool. As if each
note had a little angelic waver around it. If you’ve ever heard a Buddy Holly
recording, you’ve heard a Magnatone.

You hardly ever see amps with pitch-shift Vibrato. It’s a complex and
labor-intensive process to wire. Fortunately, its a snap to program
one in the Axe. In this patch I took a Bandpass Filter and attached an LFO to its
‘frequency’ parameter, and tweaked the curve for a strong, clear vibrato.
I encourage you to go into this patch’s LFO’s response curve screen and play with the
curve setting. You’ll see how dramatically you can alter the signal. Fun stuff!

Its mixed hot so you can hear the effect clearly (Pitch Vibrato is a subtle effect).

I really love this sound and the stereo effect built in. I've set a looper at the end of the effects string but when I play back some recorded chords, all the stereo effect disapear, like it's been summed up or something like that...
Isn't the looper true stereo? I checked all the volumes and balance in the output section and everything is ok. I would be very upset if I have to put an external looper to keep recording live the stereo effects of my Axe FX II!
:cry

I really love this sound and the stereo effect built in. I've set a looper at the end of the effects string but when I play back some recorded chords, all the stereo effect disapear, like it's been summed up or something like that...
Isn't the looper true stereo? I checked all the volumes and balance in the output section and everything is ok. I would be very upset if I have to put an external looper to keep recording live the stereo effects of my Axe FX II!
:cry

I played with this a bit. You may have something there. I don't think our looper is stereo.
I think if you feed it a stereo signal, it sums both sides to mono. The Manual doesn't say one
way or the other.

That'it. I read in another thread Cliff saying that the looper sums L+R. Sad news to have to forget stereo in such a jewel!
:?

NOTE: Effective 01/27/2012 all patches on Smilefan's Patch Thread are now fully updated
to Firmware 5.0!

My 5.0 updated Zip File with all 90 of my patches (and 2 IR's for the top row cabs
of "Gibson FlatTop" and "Axe Cello", as their names will imply). This includes some
retired patches no longer posted on the threads:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42749093/Smilefan 5.zip

Last edited:
the links in the attached "patch comments" pdf all lead me to this message: "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".

Could you please check for that. Great work and awesome tones by the way, thanx a lot, Smilefan!

Back
Top Bottom