Smilefan says "Goodbye"!!

smilefan

Experienced
I regret to announce that the end has come for me. Events have occurred
such that I am no longer able continue my contributions to this Forum.

A large company in the music industry, you all know, is entering the modeling arena.
They took notice of me, and I have been asked to join their Product Development Team.
A fantastic opportunity. However, it precludes my continued involvement in this Forum.
Understandably, they would not find it appropriate for me to give an appearance
of supporting another company’s efforts in this regard.

As a parting bequeath, I am posting some patches I had in the works.
They are not quite finished but here you go, anyway:

Still Got The Moore – My smack down to the Stock “Still Got The Blues” preset,
which I don’t think is very accurate (and I LOVE Gary Moore). This one sounds like him.

Judas Priest – Was going to be part of my “artist” series of patches. A little unpolished,
but pretty close, as it is, to their big, chorus’d Marshall sound.

SLO Synth – The fattest synth voice I could make, courtesy of the SLO model.

Sex Machine Wah – A nice, crisp, auto-wah voice designed for ‘70’s style Funk
and R&B playing.

Hard Drive Psychosis – A joke patch. A most God-awful irritating sound I designed
for all the people that ask to play my Axe II. You set up your victim with the patch,
and when the first few twisted, tortured notes ring out, you scream, “Hey man! You broke it!!”

Reverse Fractal Fuzz – This is Yek’s patch. I mutilated it, but it came out good.
A Hendrix-y take on his cool creation.

Short Phrase Sample – A very simple single repeat, long delay I use a lot when recording.
You play quick 4-5 note phrases, and it gives you a nice ‘call and response’ vibe.

Big Pitch Metal – This one is really not finished. I came up with a fun metal sound
using a Pitch block, with a 9th step down and a 3rd above, on top of the normal signal.
Has a unique extended voice, but still needs work. One of you budding artists can finish it.

Also, look for a fantastic “Robben Ford Dumble” patch soon from Austinbuddy, that we both put
in a lot of time tweaking and refining. Amazing detail and character, both clean and dirty!

So that’s it for me. That damn thread took a hell of a lot of my time, but did it ever pay off!
I wish you all the best of luck in everything. I’ll miss you guys. Smilefan out!

Last 8 Patches Zip File link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42749093/Last 8 patches.zip

All the best for your future activities Smilefan. Thanks so much for all you've done.
Hope to see ya around again from time to time!

Pity to see another great forum member leaving the arena. But I must admit that I am pretty curious which new company is entering the modeling market.

Well heck, the more competition the better!

Wish you all the best.

Smilefan,
I will certainly miss your contributions here and thank you for the super work you've done for us. I wish you well in all your endeavors!

It's a shame that perceptions and agendas of business has to dictate what you can and can't use or where you can and can't hang out or post, but I get it and understand it completely. Especially in this arena where there's a lot of competitive banter between customers of different products where the possibility of someone using your affilations against you in order to support some really lame argument they're embroiled in about who's got the best toys would be damaging. But people don't care about colateral damage when it comes to internet pissing contests.

Hate to see you go. Hate to see you sell out...(just kidding)....I'm very excited to hear about your opportunity and wish you the best of luck in the future. Everyone should have an opportunity to do what they love for a living.

What kills me is that I had no idea that you could make money doing this kind of stuff. :)

Thanks for all your great contributions; not only sharing patches but including the whole shazam w.r.t. tone context, background and patch building, truly appreciated!

shasha said:
It's a shame that perceptions and agendas of business has to dictate what you can and can't use or where you can and can't hang out or post, but I get it and understand it completely. Especially in this arena where there's a lot of competitive banter between customers of different products where the possibility of someone using your affilations against you in order to support some really lame argument they're embroiled in about who's got the best toys would be damaging. But people don't care about colateral damage when it comes to internet pissing contests.

Well said, shasha.

I haven't been here long enough to have read all your great insight and information. I will continue to learn from your contributions. Thanks for everything, smilefan... and all the best for you on your new journey!

Take care, be well...

Thanks for everything that you did. I shall miss reading your posts, they were so informative and I learned so much.

Cheers...and good luck!

With apologies to Douglas Adams, "So long and thanks for all the presets."

It's great to see that your hard work has paid off--congratulations on the gig! Be sure and come back after your product has announced and give us the inside story.

Back
Top Bottom