SMH. Sirius XM.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I can only laugh at how inept this rep. is.

Been chatting for over an hour now trying to renew my subscription. Pretty sure "Karla P" is not indigenous.

I understand outsourcing to save money but ffs it's like pulling teeth.

At first I tried to be understanding but now I'm just being sarcastic with her because she's wasting my time copying from the script and not reading my responses.

Example:
Me: Make me an offer for both cars for two years.

Karla P: I have great news for you, for the next 12 months, you are eligible to receive our All Access package at a promotional rate of $8.25 per month, plus fees and taxes. That’s $13.74 discount off our standard monthly rate of $21.99.

Me: I said two years.

Karla P: You can get It for the full year amount for $99.+ fees and taxes!

Me: What part of "two years" was not clear?

No, she's real. Just ESL. Judging by the sentence structures I think she's Indian.

Ex. "I send to you for the second vehicle".

Wait, didn't you have a similar experience when you tried to cancel sometime ago? 😂

Curious, @FractalAudio...since we all know you have good ears. Have you enjoyed SiriusXM?
I have always been disappointed in the quality, but it could be where we lived (HI and CO) when we last had the free trial period.

I was feeling like flashbacks to the early RealAudio / RealPlayer streaming music days.

Been chatting for over an hour now trying to renew my subscription. Pretty sure "Karla P" is not indigenous.

At first I tried to be understanding but now I'm just being sarcastic with her because she's wasting my time copying from the script and not reading my responses.

Example:

Karla P: I have great news for you, for the next 12 months, you are eligible to receive our All Access package at a promotional rate of $8.25 per month, plus fees and taxes. That’s $13.74 discount off our standard monthly rate of $21.99.

I know I hate dealing with there costumer. If your looking for a little bite of a deal sign into your account and cancel there service and go as long as you can stand it.
The last time I did that they were more then happy to give me a deal on both of are vehicles.
I forget what the deal was exactly but it was for a year and then back to normal price.
Good Luck

I got a free 3 month trial that ended, just yesterday. It was just my email address no CC involved. (New vehicle)

I almost thought about doing a whole year, but then remembered all my past experiences with them, especially when wanting to cancel.
Horror show, about 30-45 mins on the phone and after that calling my CC company to not pay them if they made a charge. Since I didn't trust the person who kept badgering me into keeping the service. This was the second time I quit.

The first time I quit same as above, but they just charged my CC a month later although the service was cancelled and none functional.

It has some good things, but I find the programming very lazy as far as music, can't comment on other things they offer.

I had similar but much more drawn out story with Comcast (during which time I found out they consistently rate at or near the bottom of customer service for all US companies). I bought a small building for a studio. I was having security put in on a particular day and I needed to make sure the internet was running for them to hook up the system. A week before the actually date I realized all I needed to do was transfer service from my house to the building because I had gotten fiber at house via Century Link and still had Comcast (it was taking me a while to transfer the gazillion accounts I still had via Comcast email which I'd had for over a decade). Somehow I got through to a human a week ahead (can't even remember how I did it) and he said, "oh, no problem, if the place you're moving already had Comcast so there's cable there and you have a modem, it'll be a simple day of solution. Just call us the day you're there."

Now I don't believe in the tooth fairy, so I actually called 3 days in advance because having realized that it was simply a transfer of service to a different address, I could do it any time. This time they said it would take 2 days. So after 2 days I tried to hook my equipment up and got no signal. The security people were coming the next day so now I realized I needed to get something done for real. I tried calling again. This time I got in the eternal loop from phone hell. I couldn't find any menu or number combination that would work to get a real human. If I found a real human I figured it should take 2 minutes to get them to do what I needed to do (or at least get someone else to do it). Failing to get a real human I miraculously got to an online texting tech support portal. I texted my issue which was really simple, to me anyway. They couldn't understand it. I got transferred to another tech support online person and finally to a 3rd, each time having to explain what I was doing via text even though they're read what I'd already written. Finally they got me to a human being on the phone, who then got me to another human being and finally a 3rd human who got the service turned on.

The whole thing took hours of my time and hours of a slew of their people's time. For what? To transfer service at different address in the same city for a customer who wasn't changing any billing or account services at an address that already had a Comcast hookup. If Century Link were available there or if anyone else with reasonably fast internet were available, I would use them, but Comcast is it. I pay way more for them than for the gig speed Century Link that I have. Comcast sucks, but they're the only game in town for that address. I cannot imagine how they saved money by having such a ridiculous and inefficient customer service setup with me. I still had to talk to multiple real humans and deal with multiple online people when one functioning human, 2 at most for 5 minutes should've been able to get it all done. Crazy.

I have the streaming option, and when I got my Mini Cooper I wanted to get SiriusXM for my car, and keep the streaming. Well apparently to do that I have to cancel my streaming plan. So after an hour on hold and an hour conversation, I get redirected to their service cancelation department to cancel the streaming plan and to add the car plan. Thirty minutes later on the phone I get a prompt to get a call back in an hour. Fine, I go ahead with that. That hour passes, only to get a call eight and a half hours later that I can’t answer, and then get a prompt to get a call back when I try again. Decided to just keep the streaming only and deal with the car later, especially since I can connect my phone and use unlimited data to stream. And since my streaming plan is as far as I know no longer listed and I don’t have to deal with renewal and can cancel anytime.

I got the xm lifetime membership in 2007 for $250 when they were starting up and they hate the fact that I’m grandfathered in like that. I use the SXM app on my phone and don’t ever bother with the radios anymore.

14 years x 12 months = 148 months
x 9 bucks a month if the promo rate was the perpetual rate = $1,332 and counting...

Sirius XM should hire some deep learning scientists. Those call centers are 95% replaceable with today's technology, and the customer experience is superior. You're starting to see those super intelligent bots already in "customer service" sections of websites of larger companies. 95% of the time people don't ask for anything weird, so you can lay off 95% of call center staff and retain 5% of folks who really know their shit, in order to answer difficult questions and train the system at the same time. Then, as they train their robot overlord, you can also lay them off one by one leaving a small core team where hundreds, if not thousands, of people previously were needed.

Prediction: 5-7 years from now those Indian (and Philippine) call centers will be shells of their former self. If there are any large call centers still in the US, those will implode even faster. Folks who work there should start working on expanding their skill stack right about now. And I'm not talking about just chat on a website. Remember Google showed a demo where you tell your phone to order a burger and it calls the fast food joint all on its own, without the guy on the other end realizing they're talking to a robot? Google chickened out and didn't deploy it widely, but that tech is out there, and it will be deployed eventually.

As to me, I stopped listening to radio (and podcasts) when I got hooked on audiobooks. I had about 1 hour of commute a day at the time (total per day, not one way), and I have "read" some books that I'd never even touch otherwise because I "don't have the time" (which is, of course, horseshit - I do have the time, if I make the time). In a car, there's nothing better to do, so you focus on the book and your brain doesn't drift off as much. I took a long solo road trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons and listened to The Dune while driving (which, BTW, is the best audiobook ever recorded, IMO). The experience was amazing, I recommend it.

Reminiscent of dealing with Dish. I had to call so often on our bill over a complex issue I finally just starting asking for supervisors. In the shrillest, highest pitch a voice can be, in broken English, the girl said 'sir I assure you I can help you'. I couldn't help but saying 'I assure you ... you can't.'

Example:

The best bet after the first misunderstanding is to ask to speak to their supervisor as you need to talk deal with a manager.

That's in most call centers' scripts. You get to speak to a person with a better grasp of the language (except if it's Verizon, then you need to talk to someone between 5 & 8 pm EST when the US call center handles most of the volume on the east coast.

Back
Top Bottom