Wish Smart Looper

Nero

Inspired
The looper on the AX8 has so many nice features but you kinda have to tap dance to access them.

I think the best way to handle it would be to have a globally re-arrangable looper layout, with a smart looper footswitch. Also having the ability to assign this smart looper to a footswitch without having to access the looper screen would be great (so assign it like you would assign a scene or a block to a footswitch)

The Smart Looper footswitch would ideally:

#1 the first press would start recording
#2 the next press would start playback in dub
#3 next press would stop dubbing
#4 any additional press would toggle dub
#5 double press would stop
#6 long press would clear the recording
#7 if the looper is not playing and you press the button then it starts playing then back to #4

If double press is an issue then having an option to assign a looper STOP button would be great, this button would stop on press and clear when held.

The LEDs of the smart looper footswitch would give feedback, while there's anything recorded playing the Green LED would go on, when it's recording the Orange LED goes on.

The STOP/CLEAR footswitch LEDs would also give feedback, if there's something recorded then the green/orange or both LEDS would be on, that way they can go off when you clear the recording.

I already tested this before using the SysEx looper state data passed by the AX8 and it requires very simple logic so i hope something like this could be added eventually.

Reactions: AZG
you've describe mostly how the Axe3 Looper behaves. i hope some of that can come to the AX8 someday.

It would be great if Fractal gave the looper some love. Pedals like the Ditto and Ditto X2 seem more functional and they only have one or two buttons.

Back
Top Bottom