Smallest PSU with courtesy out?

jetdriver1775

Experienced
Anyone know what the smallest one piece (not with a separate brick) power supply on the market is that has a courtesy out?

I’m pedalboard planning.

Truthfully depending on how many pedals you need, you may benefit from a patch panel and use a powercon in with a Y split of 2 edison plugs and then you can plug the board directly into power and a smaller PSU for whatever else. The PP2+ is a great unit, but adds some weight and the courtesy out is nothing more than a Y connection, you dont get any of the filtering.

Truthfully depending on how many pedals you need, you may benefit from a patch panel and use a powercon in with a Y split of 2 edison plugs and then you can plug the board directly into power and a smaller PSU for whatever else. The PP2+ is a great unit, but adds some weight and the courtesy out is nothing more than a Y connection, you dont get any of the filtering.
This is basically how I did it for my FM3. Pedaltrain board with a patch panel for all ins and outs. I used a Cioks Powerfactor for the pedals (light and awesome). I sold the FM3 to fund the FM9 and don't plan on mounting it.

A slight variation would be to get a Y powercon in to two powercon jacks on the patch panel. Whatever works.

Thanks.

I’ve already made a small board for my FM3 that’s 12 x 20. I prefer flat boards. It fits in the rolling helix case. I want to make a similar board for the FM9 and it will have to be 12 x 23.5 to still fit in that same case. That leaves just enough room for an expression pedal. I was hoping the corner would have enough room to fit a small power supply in case I want to add lights or whatever down the road. Only this time instead of the strymon and a IEC Y cable (2 IEC ends), I was hoping for a PSU with a courtesy out to leave the FM9 connected all the time. Otherwise I’ll just skip the power. It’s not a big deal - just nice to have.

Attachments

• 07C76A41-10B7-487E-931A-E1F6754EF1C5.jpeg
    07C76A41-10B7-487E-931A-E1F6754EF1C5.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom