• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Smallest PSU with courtesy out?

jetdriver1775

Inspired
Anyone know what the smallest one piece (not with a separate brick) power supply on the market is that has a courtesy out?

I’m pedalboard planning.

Vhalen50

Experienced
Truthfully depending on how many pedals you need, you may benefit from a patch panel and use a powercon in with a Y split of 2 edison plugs and then you can plug the board directly into power and a smaller PSU for whatever else. The PP2+ is a great unit, but adds some weight and the courtesy out is nothing more than a Y connection, you dont get any of the filtering.

guitaryates

Truthfully depending on how many pedals you need, you may benefit from a patch panel and use a powercon in with a Y split of 2 edison plugs and then you can plug the board directly into power and a smaller PSU for whatever else. The PP2+ is a great unit, but adds some weight and the courtesy out is nothing more than a Y connection, you dont get any of the filtering.
This is basically how I did it for my FM3. Pedaltrain board with a patch panel for all ins and outs. I used a Cioks Powerfactor for the pedals (light and awesome). I sold the FM3 to fund the FM9 and don't plan on mounting it.

A slight variation would be to get a Y powercon in to two powercon jacks on the patch panel. Whatever works.

jetdriver1775

Inspired
Thanks.

I’ve already made a small board for my FM3 that’s 12 x 20. I prefer flat boards. It fits in the rolling helix case. I want to make a similar board for the FM9 and it will have to be 12 x 23.5 to still fit in that same case. That leaves just enough room for an expression pedal. I was hoping the corner would have enough room to fit a small power supply in case I want to add lights or whatever down the road. Only this time instead of the strymon and a IEC Y cable (2 IEC ends), I was hoping for a PSU with a courtesy out to leave the FM9 connected all the time. Otherwise I’ll just skip the power. It’s not a big deal - just nice to have.

Attachments

• 07C76A41-10B7-487E-931A-E1F6754EF1C5.jpeg
    07C76A41-10B7-487E-931A-E1F6754EF1C5.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 21
Top Bottom