Smaller/lighter footprint than MFC101 plus EV-1?

Gasp100

Power User
Any midi controller out there that has a smaller/lighter footprint (preferably MUCH small/lighter) than the MFC101 that provides the same functionality?

I really LOVE the CAT5 integration, but I suppose Power over 7-pin MIDI would suffice?
High contrast / quality tuner on the floor is essential
I don't use scenes but I'm starting to think scenes would simplify my life and require many less actually IA switches?
Here is my current config using MFC101:
Switches 1-5 (bottom row) = patch changes
Switches 6-10 (middle row) = patch changes, currently NOT REALLY USING!!!
Switches (11-15) = IA's (OD1, chorus, rotary, phaser, currently OPEN!

What do you guys think? I used a MIDI Mate for quite a while, more than capable but still a bit "long" and of course no name sync (which isn't a huge deal). Used the FCB, nice for integrated expression but too big obviously.

(cross posted on TGP for ideas)

Hey,

I have the same concern, and I guess a lot of persons too. Liquid Foot Jr or Mini seems to be a good answer if you need a small numbers of switches. I plan to buy a mini, 4sw of bottow rows for scenes 1to4, 4sw upper row for Presets inc/dev, boost and tuner.
Easy and light.

Apols for the late response Chris@.... Here is an extract from an email exchange with the very helpful Drew from Disaster Area (I am a complete midi newb so forgive the non-tech language):

Me: Could I use the 6D for scrolling through axefx pre-sets and scenes within pre-sets?
Drew: Yes, you could scroll both presets and scenes within presets.

Me:Can I assign one of the buttons for tap tempo or looper start/stop etc?
Drew: We have a separate firmware that will allow the DMC-6D to communicate with the AxeFX looper. The functions of the buttons on the 6D are not assignable. Tap tempo isn't possible without a separate foot switch.

Gordius Little Giant. Great little item.
Pros: Extremely configurable & powerful, top build & component quality, software editor, expandable, light, small footprint, 7-pin power, can be configured to display AxeFX tuner I believe, foot-switch spacing great for big feet!
Cons: Steep programming learning curve (for me at least, even with the software editor).

I still have the LG from my old rack rig but I recently bought an MFC-101 for it's out-of-the compatibility with the AxeFX. Equally nice item, the FASLINK is especially handy.
Oh for such a small board, the LG layout is exceptionally spacious for big feet / boots! That's the only thing I miss really :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom