Small wish?

Coldsummer

Experienced
When inserting a block and scrolling down the drop-down menu would it be possible for the choice of block 1 or 2 to come up automatically when hovering over the required block so it's a simple click to choose rather than having to scroll over and physically select the 1 or 2? In other words clicking on the required block name would automatically insert 1 or 2 as appropriate without having to make the selection manually.

I know it sounds ridiculously minor and the programmers probably have more important things to think about but in reality it would be far easier because more often than not I end up losing the 1 or 2 option pop-up and have to re-scroll over the block name to get it to show up again.

I use a scroll pad on a mac rather than a mouse so it may be much more straightforward with a mouse, I don't know. Or maybe I need to be more accurate with my scrolling, but there you go, just thought I'd ask :)

I would prefer not to. I often want to insert a PEQ 2 block instead of a PEQ 1, and that's just one example.

I would prefer not to. I often want to insert a PEQ 2 block instead of a PEQ 1, and that's just one example.

Oh OK, well that just shows my lack of knowledge/understanding!! I thought it always went in order of 1 then 2 where 2 would be used if 1 had already been inserted. Yek would you mind explaining when and why you would use block 2 instead of, or before block 1?

One example: when you're doing spillover between blocks, and you have to have the correct block instance show up. Another example; when you plan to copy a block from another preset.

Likewise, I often want control over the block instance number. For example, I may have an IA permanently assigned to Filter 1, but I want to use a Filter block in a preset that's not controlled by that IA. In that case, I'd explicitly pick a non-1 Filter block instance from AE's block insertion list.

adding blocks from the Axe front panel automatically selects the next lowest number. so if i want to choose Volume block 4, i'd have to add 1, then 2, then 3, finally get 4, then delete 1-3. it's nice that Edit provides a way to instantly grab #4.

i understand the wish, though i personally don't want the behavior to change.

Now I understand the reason for the behaviour it makes sense to me. I only use simple presets and routing where the first block is 1 and the second (if ever) is 2. I (wrongly) presumed that was the limit of the required functionality. I can see why it should stay as it is and I'll have to be a bit more careful with my scrolling in the future :) Always interesting to learn something new even if I'm unlikely to ever need it. Thanks for everyone's input.

Back
Top Bottom