Small/travel powered speaker setups

Iloud IKmultimedia
Great sound and pretty loud
Plus it has been designed for guitar in mind
Battery powered
I have one for years and never failed

Have you used the S1 pro, and if so what are your thoughts on it. I am very interested in them.

Thanks, Rod

I use one as my main monitor at home. it actually “replaced” my power engine 60 as I get more clarity and the tones translate better to the pa in our rehearsal room.

I just plug to any of the 2 1/4-xlr inputs and set the eq (bass and treble) and reverb knobs of the Bose to 0. That speaker can be bass heavy at some angles. Got to say I really enjoy the tones I’m getting trough it, clean to dirty.

I often practice by plugging my AX8 into the AUX input of a Yamaha THR10 (older model) or the THR30II (new one). Both sound great for low-volume or shouting-volume jamming, plus I get to hear the Fractal in stereo, so that's a nice plus. Have not yet tried it with the FM3, but planning on it soon (have yet to use my purchase invitation).

Curious about the Bose S1 pro.

Heard good things about the new iLoud MTM monitors.

Have you used the S1 pro, and if so what are your thoughts on it. I am very interested in them.

Thanks, Rod
I have used it, a lot actually. I would grab the FM3 and S1 for rehearsal all the time. In and out in no time, the only thing I had to plug in was the FM3. Sounds great, more than loud enough and the bluetooth option is very handy.

Also used the S1 for some gigs both with a band and track duo/trio. Translate's preset very well, good volume and the battery lasts for 2-3 gigs per charge. For the track acts I'd put it right in front of me on the floor aside (or in front) of my vocal monitor. For band gigs I'd have it in the backline and sit it on something to get it closer to my ears. In a louder band with a horn section it struggled to keep up.

Of course all these live performance situations I was also running thru the PA. I wouldn't rely on it without PA support but again, I'm very satisfied with the sound and convenience.

I am definitely getting that. BUT - just travel mini would be cool too.
For rehearsing on a weekend outdoors without filling up the family car with your music stuff and also for accompanying initialising vocals with singers it works fine of course it does not have the punch of a real size FRFR speaker.

I'm currently building myself a custom 6" monitor to have a light and portable speaker to carry. Should be easy to make. At first I'm probably gonna attach an EHX Magnum .44 power amp. Maybe gonna try the new Temple Audio power amp with it if it's worth it.

This is the speaker I bought for the monitor: https://en.uraltone.com/sb-acoustic...hifi-coaxial-element-4ohm-40w-90db-18075.html

No idea how it's gonna sound since I'm not a hi-fi expert.

Those little Bluetooth speakers sound like an AM radio. Better off with just headphones. Makie made a small portable speaker with some mic inputs that I always wanted to try out. Otherwise just get a small PA speaker

Back
Top Bottom