Small to medium size venues, amps and the FX8

Rehearsed with my Bella and FX8 for gigs this weekend. Have to work the drives a bit, EQ-wise, but it's all sounding pretty damn good.

Rehearsed with my Bella and FX8 for gigs this weekend. Have to work the drives a bit, EQ-wise, but it's all sounding pretty damn good.

There is a hard sizzle on some drives that I am trying to fix.
I know I will get there.
The Bella has a very nice feel.

are you finding that you have to add a bit more high end when you play with the band?

JB70: yes! Totally needed to increase the high end at the gig last night. I think the approach for tonight may be more amp presence with a some top end cut on the Drive blocks to keep the fizz in check. Enjoying the BB model the most, with the SDD as an 'edge of breakup' tone with a strat.

JB70: yes! Totally needed to increase the high end at the gig last night. I think the approach for tonight may be more amp presence with a some top end cut on the Drive blocks to keep the fizz in check. Enjoying the BB model the most, with the SDD as an 'edge of breakup' tone with a strat.

i originally went through that with the axe fx. the drives sounded beautiful in my apartment but needed a good deal of tweaking once i got her out on a gig. i did my first gig with the FX8 last night. it was a jazz gig and most of the drives sounded good but again, i had to add a bit more highs. i have a wedding gig in long island tonight so i will give a full report tomorrow!

11312598_10205143273596044_5276783601932927584_o.jpg

So... Interesting first weekend with the FX8 + the Suhr Bella.

Setup and integration into the Bella loop were a doddle. The stage we were playing on (I discovered late on the 2nd night) was super muddy (an excess of 140hz according to the sound guy) and it was only when I saw a video shot from FOH on night 1 that I truly heard what the amp had going. On stage I had to take all of the bass out and it still sounded weird.

Still need to do some work at band levels with the drives, but the BB and the SDD performed like champs, and I hit the Ruckus for a rockier tune that was lots of fun.

Like others here, I wish there was a way to just do 1 button press go up/down on the presets without leaving stomp-box mode.

I remain excited for this combination of gear, and would consider a 2nd Bella for a great stereo rig.

Last edited:
Like others here, I wish there was a way to just do 1 button press go up/down on the presets without leaving stomp-box mode.

yes!!! that was me who made this suggestion and i'm hoping the powers that be at fractal can implement this feature. it might not seem like a big deal, but it's a major drag to have to hold down the preset/bank button every time i want to switch patches. it can be VERY confusing too. i was subbing with a great funk/dance band last night and had to memorize an incredible amount of music for the gig. plus, it was a high pressure situation and the switching on the FX8 made the gig more hectic than it needed to be. i think this feature will be very highly requested once more people get their hands on the FX8

Back
Top Bottom