Small, light Powered Monitor - Headrush 108 vs. Alto TS310 ?

lpaul626

Inspired
Looking for some thing smaller than a 12” for small stages as I also run through our PA system. Curious about these two speakers. Does the 8” have enough bass response. Both seem to offer enough power for a live band. Either provide a flatter response?

Thoughts? Other options? Using either AX8 or FM3.

I have a head rush 108. I was skeptical when I bought it, but the size, weight and low price tag lured me in. I was quite surprised when i plugged it in, sounds very good, you won’t need to worry about anemic bass response, it delivers! I’ve used it as a stage monitor and love it? The Only experience I’ve had with Alto’s Was a gig I was called to fill in and Alto 12’s were the stage monitors. They surprised me as well, however I would buy more 108’s! For the price they are keepers.

I’m not loving the 12” headrush. Has a lot of weird lows. That might be advantage of the 8”, that it doesn’t have that much bad low end.
Either way, I didn’t want to spend more money on monitors for the longest of time, and I eventually bought Atomic CLR. Omg, I regret not doing it the first day when I got my first Fractal.

Reactions: ESW
Can't beat the CLR's I have 2, wound up with the 108 for tight stages with not much room, I use the CLR's majority of the time, but sill like the 108 for a floor monitor.

Hi, sorry for my late answer.
I'm abroad in these moments and don't have my rig with me. But I have the Alto TS310, it's sounds great, but a little bit bassy.
You'll need to tweak a little bit the global EQ on out 1 or 2, and here you go. I'm very happy with this rig, really light and loud at the same time.
Cheers !

I have both Headrush 12" and 2 Alto TS312's and prefer the Alto's, the Headrush sounds different, does not seem as dynamic as the Alto's...

Back
Top Bottom