Small analog delay for my little combo amp?

Stratman68

Axe-Master
So far Looking at
TC Electronic Flashback Tone Print Delay
Carbon Copy

Vapor Trails Seymour Duncan
All about the same price range
so just need a good analog delay for Blues, some Rock and R&B, did I mention blues

Amp is a Mesa Boogie Express Plus

Thanks
Frank

The Flashback isn't actually analog, but is a lot more flexible than the other two. It has tap tempo capability and Tone Print, so you can make it sound just like an analog delay. The other two are great affordable analog BBD delay units, but limited to 600ms max delay time.

The only delay I would buy even with my axe fx is the carbon copy. Man the sound on that thing is amazing. It's vintage and dark though so it depends on your taste.

The Flashback isn't actually analog, but is a lot more flexible than the other two. It has tap tempo capability and Tone Print, so you can make it sound just like an analog delay. The other two are great affordable analog BBD delay units, but limited to 600ms max delay time.
like the idea of tap tempo, I use it all the time with my ax8 (and my axefx's in the past) But only the Larger vesion 4X I think, has tap.

Have to research a bit more. leaning towards the carbon copy. but,...................Thanks guys

Tell you waht. Just checkedout the Tone Print options. Pretty cool...............So, now the stress begins...........

I've done some carbon copy recordings. It was my favorite delay. It gave me the sound I try to copy with my AX8 still.

Guyatone MD3. Small, analog, sounds great.

I used one for several years on my board before I started using the G-Major for effects.

Yeah, but I really do not like the tap tempo as explained by philipacamaniac

I not really a tap tempo user so it's not a biggie for me. Besides I keep better time with my strumming hand on the guitar than with my foot so having it sync to chucks is fine with me. The PC editor is decent too and lets you save your own custom preset to the user slot. It also exposes hidden adjustments like LFO settings and such for the modulation. I found it incredible bang for the buck. I'd still use it if the AxeFX didn't make it fully redundant. (x2)

Back
Top Bottom