AFIII Slow Blues/Fuzz with York Audio Blue and Gold AC-212 Cab Pack

Thanks Justin. Yea I can do better (was very sloppy) but it was meant to be really nasty dry in your face. This was multiple takes and my better ones had focus issues with my new lens. Was a frustrating video day lol. I’m going to get some better stuff going with this pack later down the road. I really do appreciate your generosity with me as a small growing channel. It means a lot. Going to work on some edge of breakup stuff but I’m not gelling to well with the AC amps at the moment. It’s me lol. I will get it though. I switched so many fuzzes I can’t remember but I will check later when I get home.

I actually liked that it was dry and in your face. It felt raw and let your hands do the talking. I always think it’s a good thing when a guitar player sounds like a human and not a computer, so don’t get down on yourself. ;) The camera looks great as well. I can’t wait to see what you come up with next.

As far as AC tones go, they’re REALLY picky about the guitar you’re playing. I always start with Bass at 4, Treble at 6, High Cut at 3 and edge up the Input Drive until until it starts to break up when you hit it hard. That level is different for all of my guitars, but after that, tone knob tweaks are minimal. I like brighter mic positions with a Les Paul and darker ones with my Strat. Those amps have serious character, and you’ll fall in love with them when you perfect your own recipe.

Having said that, I already think you sound great.

Thanks for the advice on the AC stuff. I’m sure I will eventually get it dialed in. Just wanted it to be where I needed it to be before doing a video to show off the IRs. The fuzz on this one was the Zen Master. I used the Gold 58 1C+121 E2 and 5F8 Tweed.

Back
Top Bottom