Slipknot Mark IV (OwnHammer)

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

My first Mesa patch for Axe-Fx II! I can share the patch if someone wants it but it has my OwnHammer mix so you need the Mesa V32 for it.

How does it sound? :)

Feedback!!

EDIT: The preset can be downloaded below and here's a pic of which IRs I'm using:

oh_mix.jpg

Attachments

• Slipknot Mark IV.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Sounds really good!!! I was never a "Boogie-Boy", maybe because of my inability to achieve useable sounds like this. Please share the patch!! Thanx in advance.

Andy from Austria

Sounds good. Maybe lacking a bit of meat for my tastes, but it's impossible to tell without hearing it in a mix with a bass. Knowing you, it's probably spot on in a mix.

Sounds good! What is the difference between left and right channels? Which cabs you mixed?

Thanks man! It's actually the exact same tone on both sides BUT being a Slipknot fan and all I love how Jim and Mick have different styles. Jim being tight and Mick being a brutal full on shred dude so I "kind of did that". Right side is muting a lot more than left side. It really gives a cool depth in the stereo field. :)

Here's a pic of my cab block:

oh_mix.jpg

Sounds good. Maybe lacking a bit of meat for my tastes, but it's impossible to tell without hearing it in a mix with a bass. Knowing you, it's probably spot on in a mix.

Yeah exactly. The classic V shape for the GEQ that people use on Mark IVs is great for that Petrucci thing but my experience with the Mark IV (I've owned 3 of them) is that when you have more gain the low end needs some work. So what I did here was drop the bass really low as most people do with this amp. The GEQ is set in a pretty normal way but the 240hz has been dropped pretty low. Hmm... how should I explain why that is? :D Well to make the tone balanced. It's all in the process of how I tweak my patches. I turn the gain all the way up until it sounds like a joke and find the EQ balance and then drop the gain. This makes everything tight and controllable and IMO gives space for the bass. This "should" sit in the mix. :D

Sounds really good!!! I was never a "Boogie-Boy", maybe because of my inability to achieve useable sounds like this. Please share the patch!! Thanx in advance.

Andy from Austria

Thanks a lot man! The preset can be downloaded in the original post. It's extremely simple as my presets always are. Trust the forc... Axe-Fx!

Haha! Cool guys! I guess another thing worth mentioning is that I used my vintage CE24 with a bolt-on neck. Tone is very bass heavy so I can use a lot more gain than on most guitars.. so you can probably lower it in case you have something more modern. :)

couldn't resist (I really neeed to take the time to actually learn how to play this,kind of butchered it :lol )
but........... I had the backing track so I thought I'd use your patch with my 7 string and see how it sits in a mix
I'm not much of a Slipknot fan , but I do really like this tune.

Sounds like it's got too much gain for you guys. :D I just got a Slipknot vibe playing that patch... you'd probably get closer to Slipknot with Orange + 5153. ;)

But hey... at least it's not thin. :D

couldn't resist (I really neeed to take the time to actually learn how to play this,kind of butchered it :lol )
but........... I had the backing track so I thought I'd use your patch with my 7 string and see how it sits in a mix
I'm not much of a Slipknot fan , but I do really like this tune.

Sounds like you forgot to pan the other guitar right.

Haha! Cool guys! I guess another thing worth mentioning is that I used my vintage CE24 with a bolt-on neck. Tone is very bass heavy so I can use a lot more gain than on most guitars.. so you can probably lower it in case you have something more modern. :)

Yepp, I had to turn down the Gain quite a bit ;-) took my Fave Cab (Basketweave TV Mix, I'm not really into V30) plugged in my Ibanez RG927FX and wooooom. Best Boogie-Patch I played so far. Although I like the HBE more for "my" sound, it's really a very fat modern metal-tone, and it's way easier for me to "learn" how the Boogies "boogie" ;-) via Axe-Edit!

Thanx a lot Mr. Kent ;-)

Very cool and useable sound. I really like the fact that is has power, but doesn't have too much bass. I think it really leaves the room for a basstrack and that it would really punch in a mix.

That's an awesome clip Mr. kent...I think that the guitar tones on Vol. 3 are the best they've had. Very brutal and raw but with out being overly scooped. Just listen to the begining of Before I Forget or Opium of the People at around 2:02 and you see what I mean. I know they used Mesa's on the 1st two albums bur for some reason I think I recall seeing a quick behind the scenes shot and I saw either Soldano or Bogners. Anyone know what they used? I know on the next album they were using Orange and Rivera.

Back
Top Bottom