• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Slipknot Jim Root tones - Citrus RV50

Antonis

In this video I am demoing 5 different Orange Rockerverb scenes that are supposed to sound like Slipknot's Jim Root.

Even though the goal of the video was to sound like Slipknot, my personal taste certainly did affect their design.

Constructive feedback or even just your opinion is greatly appreciated.

TheGoatLord

Experienced
Would love to hear these in a mix! They sound pretty close to his tone but they're pretty dark and bass heavy. Those might get real muddy once you put in other instruments. But the vibe is there!

Antonis

Would love to hear these in a mix! They sound pretty close to his tone but they're pretty dark and bass heavy. Those might get real muddy once you put in other instruments. But the vibe is there!
I generally don't like low and high cutting solo guitar sounds. If the guitar is solo then I wanna be able to feel the rumble and hear the sizzle. It's another story when it's in a mix

TheGoatLord

Experienced
I generally don't like low and high cutting solo guitar sounds. If the guitar is solo then I wanna be able to feel the rumble and hear the sizzle. It's another story when it's in a mix
Oh ya, I totally hear you on that. In that case, they sound like they would be great to jam with!

Top Bottom