Slightly saddened by Guthrie... Again.

Because what's that behind him, sort of blinking in sync with his playing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bCEA6zPfmY

Of course this does not change my appreciation for him one bit. I love his playing. That blinking thing obviously does him justice although I think it sounds a bit thinnish...

But, like when he changed guitar brands...

I know it's nonsense, but I just can't shake this feeling of being ever so slightly...
Saddened...

That bend/release at 0:48 makes me want to quit playing guitar. Just screw it. Leave it to the guys who apparently understand witchraft.

And I personally don't care for his tone in this particular video. Don't know if it's the units fault or his guitar or if tone truly is in the fingers, then his fingers got thinner than they use to be. :p

I have seen lots of guitar players over the years with stacks of gear on stage and it's just for show. Go around the back of stage and they are using something completely different. Never bothered me, most of the time I could hear it was not the gear they were displaying on the stage.

Myself I use a whole host of different gear depending on if I'm in the studio, live, jamming or gigging etc.

Don't see a problem with this.

I find the vigour by which people are bashing the kemper saddening.

It isn't rival football teams or warring factions. Why does everything automatically have to resemble conflict?

Leo Fender and Jim Marshall didn't get into fistfights, Hendrix and Clapton were friends and the Three Tenors worked together.

It's just gear; tools to do a job. We are lucky that we live in an age where either the axefx or the kemper exist.

For the record, I love my axefx ii- but I don't feel guilty about playing a real amp, of which I have several that the axe doesn't quite fully replace yet.

I've never really tried a Kemper but I love how it looks and like the fact it has lots of dials on it.

....I know it's nonsense, but I just can't shake this feeling of being ever so slightly...
Saddened...

I know exactly what you mean and have felt that same sadness when watching more recent Marco Sfogli videos where he's playing through a DV Mark Multiamp. His tone was so much better when he was using Mesa boogie or Fractal.

I find the vigour by which people are bashing the kemper saddening.
I think some people on this thread expressed some feelings on the aesthetics of the unit, but I wouldn't describe that as "vigorous".
It isn't rival football teams
Actually, that kind of was my sentiment... Nothing heavy, just something like "G's not playin on our team anymore... snif..." It sort of feels like family to me on this here forum, including the bickering...
or warring factions. Why does everything automatically have to resemble conflict?
Why does any negative comment turn into a drama? A bit of conflict here and there is actually a good thing. If people stay sensible about it. It's how progress is made.

There is no change without crisis.
Leo Fender and Jim Marshall didn't get into fistfights,
Were there any fistfights between AxeFxists and Kemperites? Where!? When!? Who won!? Is it on youtube? Where's my poptart?

Actually I dislike any fighting sports.
Hendrix and Clapton were friends and the Three Tenors worked together.

It's just gear; tools to do a job. We are lucky that we live in an age where either the axefx or the kemper exist.
Agree on that wholeheartedly.

For the record, I love my axefx ii- but I don't feel guilty about playing a real amp, of which I have several that the axe doesn't quite fully replace yet.

I've never really tried a Kemper but I love how it looks and like the fact it has lots of dials on it.
I find myself not adverse to it either. I do not prefer it to the AxeFx, but I'm not appalled by it.

With a player like him I tend not be looking at what he's actually playing through .... what he's doing with his fingers takes all my attention. The only 'sad' thing for me is that he could play a freshly unpacked Chinese knock off through a 'My Little Pony' pink plastic 2 watt 4 inch speaker amp and still sound better than me ..... hairy talented git that he is :)

I think some people on this thread expressed some feelings on the aesthetics of the unit, but I wouldn't describe that as "vigorous".
Actually, that kind of was my sentiment... Nothing heavy, just something like "G's not playin on our team anymore... snif..." It sort of feels like family to me on this here forum, including the bickering...
Why does any negative comment turn into a drama? A bit of conflict here and there is actually a good thing. If people stay sensible about it. It's how progress is made.

There is no change without crisis.
Were there any fistfights between AxeFxists and Kemperites? Where!? When!? Who won!? Is it on youtube? Where's my poptart?

Actually I dislike any fighting sports.
Agree on that wholeheartedly.

I find myself not adverse to it either. I do not prefer it to the AxeFx, but I'm not appalled by it.

If you are a fan of football, there is nothing trivial about a 'player' switching teams... Fractal fans get upset with a poster boy using this 'rival' product, which is the premise of this whole thread. Same mindset.

That is my whole fundamental problem with this. Guthrie is a monster of a player and could make any equipment sound incredible. I'm sure that this is an easier task with good equipment, but I'm positive that he could make a tissue box with an elastic band stretched over it, sound much better than I could. The fact that he sounded awesome with a kemper, doesn't make the afx any less great of a product.

It just means he is Guthrie and he has immense talent.

I think it's obvious that on fractal audios own forum, people can get a little carried away with their emotions leading to hyperbole regarding the competitor beyond any constructive critique.

I would describe anything pertaining to an emotional knee-jerk opinion as a vigorous assertion, as opposed to a more grounded, critical constructive comment. Essentially anything without a predetermined bias.

I think this is contrary to actual progress in what I consider a relatively new field in high fidelity digital emulation, in which the paradigm is yet to be set, as users seem too caught up with allegiance to arbitrary factions of technology. That seems a little short sighted as there are ideas across the industry that can be implemented to benefit us all.

People in this thread mock the nature of the aesthetic design of the kemper. I for one would love more rotary controllers and program specific switches on the front panel of the afx II. I think all fractal afx users could benefit from a more immediate control over the amazing fractal algorithms with more physical things to tweak on the front panel. I personally hold the opinion that the axefx is the best sounding modeller on the market. I also find that it's the least intuitive to program from the front panel.

More controls on the front panel would be a HUGE improvement. Aside from the crowd that would assert that it would potentially 'look like a toaster' as a result I think I'd be hard pushed to find anyone to disagree with me.

Aside from the main point of my argument which you have attempted to tangentalise- I take exception to my previous statement (which is based in fact), that there are no documented accounts of Leo and Jim fistfighting over their respective amplifier designs, has been appropriated by you to somehow allow you to argue that axefx users and kemper users may have been involved in physical altercations on YouTube.

For me to present your argument this way makes you look quite ridiculous. But you managed that all by yourself anyway.

If you'd missed my original point, and need it explaining (god help you), it was that people in history perceived as rivals, were often inspired by each other, not opposed to each other's ideas. That's how we should continue if we are to make progress.

Hence making team f00tbal talk irrelevant.

Is this really the correct forum to be a gushing kemper fan boy posting pics and talking smack on how great the toaster is with its pretty kindergarten colors? If it works for you then good, I'm happy you got your thing down.

Can I go to their forum and do the same about Fractal? Do you guy's think this forum is the Gear Page?

Do some of you guy's have any semblance of a sense of humor?:lol

Tommyco10...

I'm thinking we have seriously different frames of reference here. You're way overthinking my views. And I'm ridiculous...

Nice.

Back
Top Bottom