Slightly less gain on Axe-Fx II USB reamped tracks

alcyppa

Inspired
Hi guys I'm currently digging into reamping with the Axe Fx II in preparation for some recording I'll have to do in a couple of months.

While doing some tests I've found out that reamped tracks besides being a little bit delayed (which is expected I believe) have slightly less gain than the original recordings.

I'm using Studio One 4 and capturing both DI signal (mono using the Axe Fx as the interface) and processed stereo signal.
After that I'm soloing the DI track and setting the Axe Fx input to USB (input 1 mode: left only).
Then I'm recording a reamped stereo signal setting output 1 as my DAW input.

Everything I've tried gave me the same result: reamped tracks with a tad less gain.
Since is stated that DI tracks should be a bit copy of the raw input signal I thought reamping results would have been basically identical.

I've even tried phase aligning original processed sounds with the reamped ones and then flipping the phase to check if I was imagining thing but results were far off from cancellation.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance and happy new year!

One by one, go through every possible step that can affect levels: DAW pan laws, DAW output settings, AxeFx input levels.

I've found out the culprit: I was sending the mono DI track to a stereo output.

Switching to a mono out did the trick obviously.
It is always the most stupid stuff that gets overlooked.

Back
Top Bottom