slight ephinany - ebow

javajunkie

I was messing with the synh and got a pretty cool moogish type sound out of it. I started playing legato with it and it reminded me of an ebow a bit. So I thought why not use the feedback send/return to make it sustain forever. It worked. This patch need a lot of work. It was designed for another purpose (and even then I wasn't finished) but it does show you can somewhat simulate an ebow with the axe-fx ultra. Ideally you would probably want a cab sim in to cut the highs.

http://javajunkiemusic.com/Audio/simulated_ebow.mp3

First just playing legato
then adding in simulated vibrato
then just showing infinite sustain.

This sounds really cool, Java. In what way is it "glitchy"? Does it get into some sort of audio runaway, or something? Looking forward to try your patch when you get to the point you're happy enough with it to share it.

Dpoirier said:
This sounds really cool, Java. In what way is it "glitchy"? Does it get into some sort of audio runaway, or something? Looking forward to try your patch when you get to the point you're happy enough with it to share it.

Glitchy like the synth (that's what it is) can be coupled with the fact you are feeding that back into itself. Right now it can go into unintended self-ocillation if you are not real careful with extraneous noise. Just need to get the noise gates locked in.

I bet if you used and actual E-Bow WITH a Sustaniac AND your patch, you can actually time travel. Just a thought... oh yeah and don't forget the slide. :lol:

This sounds very cool - yer making me want to create something strange, different now!

okay not done, but I don't have much time to mess with further now.

For the ebow patch
external 1 controls vibrato
external 2 controls volume and infinite sustain
THIS PATCH WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY WITHOUT EXPRESSION PEDALS CONNECTED TO external 1 and 2
You have to play cleanly and lightly to keep from glitching

I came up with this idea while working on this patch

http://javajunkiemusic.com/Audio/synth_test.mp3

The clip goes no drive, no vibrato, no arp - no drive, w/ vibrato, no arp-w/ drive, w/ vibrato, no arp- w/ drive, no vibrato, no arp- w/ drive, no vibrato, w/ arp

External 2 controls filter sweep
External 1 controls vibrato
Arpeggiation is on pitch 2. I think this is saved w/ it on so you'll want to turn it off.

Attachments

• ebowish.syx
    2 KB · Views: 528
  • moogish.syx
    2 KB · Views: 485
Back
Top Bottom