Slide Guitar Preset needed

jgparker59

Inspired
My cover band is doing Rocky Mountain Way, Train Train, Slow Ride and When The Levee Breaks to name a few songs I need a good Slide preset for. Right now Im using a brass slide. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I tried Still Got the Blues preset but it sounds a little muffled to me when I get off the slide and play chords. Thanks.

I play slide all the time (a lot of times in standard tuning) and never worry about make specific presets for it. If a patch sounds good with the guitar, pickups and genre, it sounds good for slide as well.

My preference for slides are fairly heavy pyrex and ceramic. I used to use metal slides but they tended to add more brightness and string noise IMO.

TT

I play slide all the time (a lot of times in standard tuning) and never worry about make specific presets for it. If a patch sounds good with the guitar, pickups and genre, it sounds good for slide as well.

My preference for slides are fairly heavy pyrex and ceramic. I used to use metal slides but they tended to add more brightness and string noise IMO.

TT

That could be part of my problem cause I'm using a brass slide and noise is my biggest issue but I want it to be balsy sounding. I tried glass but it didn't seem to bite enough. Maybe the glass was too thin. Idk

^this. Great tip too.

We do Rocky Mountain way too. I just use the same amp I use all night on other covers. But I love the 1959 or the Soldano for slide....

That could be part of my problem cause I'm using a brass slide and noise is my biggest issue but I want it to be balsy sounding. I tried glass but it didn't seem to bite enough. Maybe the glass was too thin. Idk

Try ceramic. I use the Joe Perry Boneyard (thickest) and/or Rev Willy (a bit thinner.) Word of advice: Always have a spare -- they will break if you drop them!

TT

Glass slide for electric for me and try adding some compression inside the amp block on the dynamics tab (I think that's where it's located) vs. adding a compressor block. In my opinion, slide is all about technique (and not something I do well admittedly).. helps to have the string action a hair on the high side as well.

Back
Top Bottom