sleek-looking 2-space protective cover for the Axe Fx?

cheopsnet

Inspired
Hi,

Just bought an Axe Fx Ultra and could not be happier. Having tried it for a few days, I realize it is a keeper and would like to find a (hard) protective case for it. For my own personal use, here is what I am looking for:

- Sleek-looking, protective but no need for tour-proof (it is to put in my office!)
- not too bulky, I only have this rack (so no more than a 2-space case)
- something that can open in the back and the front, and can be moved around easily
- not too pricey

I don't need anything with wheels... Just a basic hard case, not terribly thick, that would protect the Ultra from occasional scratches and that would allow me to carry it around.

PLEASE ATTACH PICS AND PRICES TO THE MODELS YOU RECOMMEND, that would make it easier on me as well as on the other interested.

Thanks

Cheops

This is what I have... Simple, sleek, protective and affordable
114964_800.jpg

More images here: http://www.thomann.de/se/rockbag_rockbag_rackbag_24210_b.htm

Cheers!
- jonah

I just use Gator racks -- one in a 2-space and the other in a 4-space roller bag, but that RockBag looks pretty slick too.

One thing you should make sure to check out though is the depth! I couldn't find it listed for the Carvin, but I think the RockBag is okay.
IIRC, some of the "shallow" SKB racks are actually too shallow for an Axe-Fx.

http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index. ... ifications
Axe-Fx dimensions: 19” x 3.5” x 12” (483 x 88 x 305 mm)

You may also want to consider the two handles on the front face of the Axe FX... they might protrude from the Carvin case (which doesn't appear to have a front and back cover), and may not fit into the Rockbag. Good if you could check that the Axe FX fits in nicely before you purchase.

Cheers

Hey just call Carvin about the depth. My guess is it's 14" or so. It does not have a front or back cover - it's not a traditional rack (although you attach internally like a rack). It's like adding a cabinet to the unit.

It appears there is about 1/2" or a bit less of recess in the front - so I expect that the handles will protrude a small amount.

Recently I found out I need 5 spaces instead of 4 so I got an Odyssey 12" to replace my 4 space
Warwick RockBag ( now on sale at an amazing discount in the forum emporium :? :D )

The short depth is a good thing for me, and I like the way that the bag part is separate from the rack in the Odyssey.

12' deep will probably work if one uses right angle plugz on the wiring to the back of the Axe
and if one doesn't mind the handles sticking out in the front... It's a bit tight, though.

No problem zipping the front cover on either the RockBag or the Odyssey over the handles,
I just would be careful stacking stuff on it...

I'm considering uninstalling the front handles, but is hasn't bugged me to where it's worth the effort, yet.

As always, YMMV

I compared the Rockbag & the Gator 2space rackbags. The Gator is a little more expensive, but it's well worth it.
Although they look about the same if you see the pics online, the workmanship on the Gator is much better.

You are better than me :oops:

For the record, I can no longer recommend EarCandy cabs based on what I've been reading about them.

I have the Gator 2U bag, and it's perfect. Very sleek, it's got the shoulderstrap and two handles, opens a 2/3 in the back which is plenty.

Pauli Poulsen said:
I have the Gator 2U bag, and it's perfect. Very sleek, it's got the shoulderstrap and two handles, opens a 2/3 in the back which is plenty.

I just got the Gator 4U bag and love it.

Back
Top Bottom