Slate vs Superior

mwd

Power User
I have Superior 2.0, EZ Drummer, NI Studio Drummer and BFD Eco. I've never tried Slate and they are having a big BF sale.

Wondering opinions of anyone that has used both and what could be expected in comparing the two.

Thanks.

Have SDD4, Trigger and Addictive each with expansions. 90% of the time I'm using the Slate stuff.

Cheers
Ant
I ended up getting SSD4... I searched all over the net and I saw this sentiment expressed over and over and over: they loved Addictive or Superior for this reason or that reason, but in the end SSD always got the call because it just fit in the mix.

I currently have SSD4. Some really nice samples included that I use with a bunch of Groove Monkey loops. The interface isn't the greatest and I do miss EZ Drummer's song creator thing.

I'm not an expert with drum sounds by any means, but while I preferred the interface of EZ Drummer, I was able to find more satisfying sounds quicker with SSD4. YMMV

I currently have SSD4. Some really nice samples included that I use with a bunch of Groove Monkey loops. The interface isn't the greatest and I do miss EZ Drummer's song creator thing.

I'm not an expert with drum sounds by any means, but while I preferred the interface of EZ Drummer, I was able to find more satisfying sounds quicker with SSD4. YMMV
Exactly

If you want ready to go processed sounds, that sound awesome, then SSD.
If you are pro and want to shape your own sound, then SD2.

I have both. :)

If you want ready to go processed sounds, that sound awesome, then SSD.
If you are pro and want to shape your own sound, then SD2.

I have both. :)
What's nice (so far) is that you can "decompose" the Slate presets to remove the room, or increase bleed, or change the snare mic mix, etc. -- IOW, you can also get down to the unprocessed sounds easily, throw them into individual busses, and treat them like a mic'd kit in the old days.

Of course, that defeats the purpose somewhat, but it's an option nonetheless.

I like SSD 4 bc it includes a nice chunk of raw drum sounds ala SD and they sound very nice in their own right. if need be I can augment them with the processed stuff or just forgo the raw samples completely but every sound I need, I can get from slate

Back
Top Bottom