AFIII Slash Tone...

Sounds great - but - the IR is very important and the amp for that sound........which one did you use?
In the video you can see it's the stock ML IR. That's actually a mix that was done by Cliff out of my IR's so it's special in many ways. :)

It definitely sounds like Slash and your playing is awesome as well. :) The pack we did with Richard Fortus from Guns N' Roses is actually shot from a cabinet that's the closest to "the Slash tone" that I've ever found. The reason I started playing guitar was Slash so this has a huge personal importance for me to nail the Appetite tone with one of the packs. Me and Richard are confident that we found the sound and even included our presets for it which you can hear in the sample video:

Check it out: http://shop.fractalaudio.com/ML_Impulses_for_Destruction_p/fas-801-0051.htm

That's actually the first pack dedicated to the Marshall version of the Vintage 30 that's nowadays called just "Vintage". Not the same speaker as the regular V30 and not the same sound as the Mesa V30 either. A lot more bite in this one... the Slash sizzle so to say.

Totally different sound! I would never use a dumble sound for rock/metal/prog, etc. That being said, JCM800 wouldnt be my first pick for mainstream pop.

I know, just a cheeky comment carrying over from your other thread where I was one of those rare folks who just don’t like the Dumble tone. This tone is spot on though

You need to start a series of doing classic rock guitar player's tone! eg Jimmy Page, Clapton, etc. I think it would do extremely well.

You need to start a series of doing classic rock guitar player's tone! eg Jimmy Page, Clapton, etc. I think it would do extremely well.

Indeed...
@camilovelandiamusic
can I challenge you with still to this day many of my favorite AXE-FX tones still comes from Ketil and his AXE-FX Ultra, Ketil here on forum known as @rednebb and do something that beat his (R)evolution of Rock series in terms of tones and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom