Slash “Appetite for Destruction”

Another complete newcomer to the Fractal universe here. Is my understanding correct that because the original preset was made with Ax8 it is not compatible with newer generation systems such as my FM9?

It seems as if the IR/Cab files "U231 Sweet Child" and "AFD" import fine but the "Appetite Slash" preset file is not a supported file format.

I did some searching in older threads on the board and saw that folks used to convert file formats using the now end of life FracTool software but since this is no longer available is there still a way? I'm guessing there isn't based on some other posts I've found but would still be intrigued to see how this preset's configuration differs from the "Destructive Appetites" preset that comes with the units since it sounds really, really good in those clips posted.

And I can never seem to tweak my presets to get nearly as close to the AFD tone as this.

Last edited:
Another complete newcomer to the Fractal universe here. Is my understanding correct that because the original preset was made with Ax8 it is not compatible with newer generation systems such as my FM9?

It seems as if the IR/Cab files "U231 Sweet Child" and "AFD" import fine but the "Appetite Slash" preset file is not a supported file format.

I did some searching in older threads on the board and saw that folks used to convert file formats using the now end of life FracTool software but since this is no longer available is there still a way? I'm guessing there isn't based on some other posts I've found but would still be intrigued to see how this preset's configuration differs from the "Destructive Appetites" preset that comes with the units since it sounds really, really good in those clips posted.

And I can never seem to tweak my presets to get nearly as close to the AFD tone as this.
I have an FM3 and Axe Fx 3 now so I'll see if I can update this preset to work with the current generation.

I converted the preset for the Axe Fx 3, should be able to load into a FM3 or FM9 without issue. Pretty simple preset so everything should carry over fine. Cab AFD is for channel A (preset 1-4). Either load it into space User 1 #260, or change the cab channel to wherever you place it. Cab Sweet Child is for channel B (presets 5-6). This goes to space User 1 #261.

Everything works the same as in my original post.

Attachments

• AFD.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Sweet Child.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Appetite Slash.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Thanks, I really appreciate you taking the time to do this for us! I'm still getting an error when trying to import the preset on my FM9 though.

1705253780657.png

Back
Top Bottom