Slap Bass AX8

Greg de B

Hi Does anyone know a good AX8 preset for Slap Bass? I have a Sterling SB-14 Bass. Could it be that my bass needs a better pick up / preamp? Maybe someone might have suggestions for settings for the Fractal Bass amp to make it good for slap. Also I use a Origin Slide rig before the AX8, should I use one of the onboard compressors on the AX8.
Actually rereading this post, it seems I want someone to come over here to my house and create a good slap bass tone for me while I lay around on the couch drinking beer

Thanks
Greg

I would pair the SVT with the aluminum speakers. At least I would start there. I am more of a melodic bass player than slap bass, but the aluminum speakers are pretty percussive. I would experiment with the compressor to get your sound dialed in. Around my house, if you lay on the couch expecting others to do your work, it would not be the bass that gets slapped. Just sayin.

Ok, I get it,
I put that bit in about sitting on the couch to indicate how hopeless I was with tweaking presets,
and how desperately in need of help I was.
I'm trying the aluminium cones, and thanks for the lecture, Geezer.
Hey, in your day did you have to walk a long way up hill to school, then a long way up hill back?
Anyway I guess I was hoping that Tony Levin or the late great Louis Johnson would
post their presets.
Seriously, all joking aside, any help would be very much appreciated!
Thanks
Greg

Hi Does anyone know a good AX8 preset for Slap Bass? I have a Sterling SB-14 Bass. Could it be that my bass needs a better pick up / preamp? Maybe someone might have suggestions for settings for the Fractal Bass amp to make it good for slap. Also I use a Origin Slide rig before the AX8, should I use one of the onboard compressors on the AX8.
Actually rereading this post, it seems I want someone to come over here to my house and create a good slap bass tone for me while I lay around on the couch drinking beer

Thanks
Greg
Maybe try the Bandmaster with different bass cabs? I haven't dialed in any great bass tones on the Ax8 yet, but I've had better luck with clean guitar amps for a crisp sound. It's a whole new world to explore, you can't blow up these guitar amps!

Here is a preset i use with my SUB 5 bass. I keep everything set flat as far as the preamp goes. I throw in an EQ to scoop the midrange a bit when slapping as it sounds nice. Hope this helps. My strings are a bit dead at the moment so it will most likely sound a bit different with you bass.

Attachments

• Stingray Slap.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom