Slammerhead Shark ultra br00tal slamming djenting death metal band(parody) Sample

Update. Last brainstorm before I start posting real tracks with guitars and Sub Contrabass. I'll keep updates flowing in until I'm ready to actually record this atrocity of an album i'm creating.

I dub this one "Abyssal Plain Brutality" the type of extremely low tuned slamtastic brutal death metal this project will be playing. Its fitting beccause guitar's lowest note is E1 lowest note on bass and Bass's lowest note will be E0, lower than any piano can play and barely within the human Hearing Range at 20.6 HZ. Slammer head Shark and their brand of Abyssal Plain Brutality will take brutal slamming death metal to new lows literally and figuratively. The Abyssal Plain being the low depths of the ocean, it doesn't get any lower or more brutal than Slammerhead Shark.
From now on only Tracks from songs. I've brainstormed enough and sunk to depths low enough to establish the sound and style that will encompass the first Slammerhead Shark release and take brutality to knew nightmarish depths of guttural earth shaking brutality. Thousands of feet below see level Slammerhead Shark is brooding, waiting to come to the surface and torment the ears of listeners for years to come.
LOL!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/the-grindcorps/slamerhead-shark-abyssal-plain-brutality

Proud to present a stylistic sample of a soon to be album \M/
CUBLOTW-06_05_12.jpg

(SLAMMERHEAD ShArK)

https://soundcloud.com/the-grindcorps/slammerhead-shark-chumstorm

For now just me messing around all improved on the spot yesterday for a project I'm gonna start serious work on soon. Sloppy seconds fake N00B/shitty band "chum in my face" playing style.

It's gonna be a secret parody comedic russian/san diego indonesian, style slam djenting death metal band with some creative cliches and intenionally woefull songwriting poking fun at that slam and djent scene while trying to release it as if I were serious just to see how many people will actually like it and see if I can get it to blow up so I can laugh at everyone for listening to music I think is pretty bad.

Its not much now but wait till I have songs down and written and an the actual album recorded now that I know exactly how to approach writing all the songs. Wait till I make some presets over 9000x as brutal to record album with and add 20.6 hz drop E contra bass to the mix with me recording live drums in a professional studio. Please join me then in laughing my ass off at how I made a better terrible cliche album than most who are trying seriously. I have people to play live with if needed to help establish the parody hoax as a serious band in the mind of listeners and fans.

That said I tried to make this preset as good as I can to sound particularly bothersome. Used

8 string bubinga body, bubbinga walnut neck kingwood fretboard guitar, anything made out of mahogony, Lace deathbar 28-26 multiscale OAF guitar. Into axe fxII fw 18.xx. With this guitar, the 8 string I feel like you can never go to bright so used custom preset I made called east bloc brutality, involving two very high gain amps FAS BR00talz(of course) and 6160 II into four cabinets, mixed back into the center although preset is stereo. Both Amps crankd input gain and trim, loud out volume moderate power amp volume and tweaked in all areas through and through for that classic raw russian ultra thick, yet earbleedy budget brutal death sound. Amps and cabs parrall both being driven by zen master(as if they did't) have enough gain already. Crossover to start chain at 136.4 low pans set to .4 and negative .4 high pans at positive and negative 50. Stereo ultra res cab blocks centered 10% mic spacing. Cabs go pack from parallel into mixer block taking attributes from each amp and cab chain and mixed center. PEQ MBC and ENH after that and into output mixer where everything remains essentially in big mono. Moderate input nose gate, enough to alow enough noise in for real nastiness and rawness. Out of axe pdif into protools. waves ll3 ultramaximizer as only plug in to squash signal using abuse amount of compression to get the that east bloc russian way over compressed raw noisy somwhat lofi sound.

For right now just have this sample but I'll soon probably have some songs and at least preproduction guitar and bass. This sample is all improv taking some of that playing style to comedic levels has a raw gritty way over compressed low fi sound consistent with alot of the terrible recordings I've heard. Its more or less me making up instant riffs on the spot and weedling horrible random notes in between with no particular consitency to take br00tality to a new level by playing realllllly annoying shit. Between ideas for ways to take this type of music to a new level of awful riff wise and motif wise, Alot of the song is me just playing kinda random biting notes just to bother people underscore how annoying and random some of the riffs can be in the type of music i'm parodying. Not gonna do one note random earblead notes on the acutual songs and eventual album I don't think unless I find a place in a song(s) where that fits and makes it that much more obnoxious without being to overt.
so in this 9 minute chumstor is ultrabright 8 string slam death taking the oft over used cliches and making them cliche. Just messing dicking around without regard or care for any musicality in hopes it will help me make worse music lol. I think I have a much better Idea of how i'm going to write and structure songs now. In addition to the more traditional cliche riffs that can lead one have trouble distinguishing between bands I made improved some even cheesier slams all the way down to f#(two semitones above open e on four string bass).

Once I actually make up songs it will be really funny because it will have ultimate amount of slammage. Cliche riffs that every band uses to abuse, but then I will mock them by going ahead and drop tuning to drop e just so my GUITAR riffs can reach lower than every one else. Then mix some new types of slamming riffs in somewhere I've thought up with really weird rhythms for even more arbitrarily pieced together typical song structure to show how im the most br00talest. Jest when you think it can't get cheesier, kick out slams involving low e string and slow chugging slams in stupid time signatures and syncopated drums super imposed(playing in a different time signature). Once in a while play a flurry of notes in randomly randomly arranged chromatic sequences but play sloppy so you cant even hear what notes are being played. Since the single most important factor in music is how low your band can play, and in annoying amounts, not only will the guitar bottom out as low as a normal bass. I will be restringing my 7 string bass to 7 string contra bass for drop E0(20.6)hz. Finishing touch lead singer will be a toilet flushing throughout the album because that's how the vocals are so might as well just take it to the logical conclusion. In addition to this I have taken an old broken bond and removed the downstepm and widened the hole to the beaker. I have also drilled several holes firecting airflow including one in an ice catcher. Now someones old brroken percolating bong works as a guttural vocal resonator. In the top chamber is the main wide whole in the top and one in the side of the ice catcher. You can growl inhale and exhaling vocals into the icecatcher just so you can be way less undersandable then anyone else. Placing a hand over the top you can adjust formant. The reverse is possible. The beaker at the bottom(lol) is large and will make your vocals take on an even deeper less audible timbre. You can even fill the percolator with water, mic the outside of that and growl from the top, ice catcher or bottom holes just for those amazing vocals you'd have to record forcefully drowning someone in a toilet to get. There you have it. Slammmerhead Shark with the new album human slammwhich. The br0000talist band of all time.

I wanna see how bad I can make it and how popular I can try to get it to be on the interwebs for being the most guttural, low, slamming, harsh on the ears, raw, brutal slamband, god awful, cheesy, cliche, played out uncreative music yet to be made. The irony is it will be more creative than all the serious generic bands out there because I will creatively piece together the most cliche abused recycled riffs, with my own even cheesier and lower slamming riffs that go in new rythmic directions on the one hand and get painfully boringly slow on the other hand. I and the team at slammerhead shark will be that taking slam to knew highs or should I say lows(both senses of the word). The only way I can think to make it worse and more popular is to incorporate abused djent riffs too and abuse low 20.6 hz on bass for djenting riffs to show how cool the band is because I play so low you are barely physically capable of hearing it in a perfect world, but there is almost zero chance you will since you will never have speakers that can reproduce the fundamental note, no venues do and only I can hear it because my in ear monitors go down to 8hz without significant drop off. Just to establish how br00tal slammerhead shark is, why bother high passing the bass if the fundamental lowest note is 20.6 hz. Just to be really cool I can boost it really high with linear phase eq so theres no headroom and you aren't even worthy of listening to it because it will make your puny speakers(even your 18 inch sub) distort really bad. And that is how you make a really popular band. I will seriously laugh my ass off if people start actually thinking its good music and sets an even worse trend that everyone wants to copy in uncreative low tuned slamming and djenting music.

Last edited:
Good luck but I don't think it will sell, sounds to much like kids in guitar center trying to show off!!! any one that has been there has already heard to much of that!!

Proud to present a stylistic sample of a soon to be album \M/
CUBLOTW-06_05_12.jpg

(SLAMMERHEAD ShArK)

https://soundcloud.com/the-grindcorps/slammerhead-shark-chumstorm

With this guitar, the 8 string I feel like you can never go to bright so used custom preset I made called east bloc brutality, involving two very high gain amps FAS BR00talz(of course) and 6160 II into four cabinets, mixed back into the center although preset is stereo. Both Amps crankd input gain and trim, loud out volume moderate power amp volume and tweaked in all areas through and through for that classic raw russian ultra thick, yet earbleedy budget brutal death sound. Amps and cabs parrall both being driven by zen master(as if they did't) have enough gain already. Crossover to start chain at 136.4 low pans set to .4 and negative .4 high pans at positive and negative 50. Stereo ultra res cab blocks centered 10% mic spacing. Cabs go pack from parallel into mixer block taking attributes from each amp and cab chain and mixed center. PEQ MBC and ENH after that and into output mixer where everything remains essentially in big mono. Moderate input nose gate, enough to alow enough noise in for real nastiness and rawness. Out of axe pdif into protools. waves ll3 ultramaximizer as only plug in to squash signal using abuse amount of compression to get the that east bloc russian way over compressed raw noisy somwhat lofi sound.

I LOL'd :devilish: \m/

Good luck but I don't think it will sell, sounds to much like kids in guitar center trying to show off!!! any one that has been there has already heard to much of that!!

That's the point. I'm not trying to actually make money. And this was me jacking off slowly trying to think of how to package riffs, music looks, etc that very well probably should have no place out of guitar center into something awful that gets trendy and starts showing up at guitar center... And bash bands that play like this for real. I realize my sample was awful, the point. The songs will still be awful but they will actually sound like coherent, albeit very pathetic played out cliche, horrible songs. However you gotta look at the global scale here. This stuff is huge in Russia and Indonessia. I'm betting with some web wizardry I can Break 10k Likes on facebook in 6 months to a year. I'll be satisfied with that. The fact that I have a "cult" following
for something meant, be loved by few and laughed at by most, including laughing at the few who take it seriously... 10k Likes would be huge success for Debut of something so seriously not serious. I'm actually alot better than I showed in the sample. The idea was to space out and play stuff and see where I wanted to go with this project in terms of how serious sounding and how mocking(without being overly overt it would be.) I just kept roll going on protools until my hands got tired and now have ideas for riffs and actual song structure. For this project i'll probably be spreading the fun around with friends that think this is a hillarious idea and getting special guest vocalists, different people playing different instrument parts and me tracking drums. It'll be a group effort just because me and friend fancy the idea and with the network we have we think if we are serious "enough" we can probably get some horrible lable to pick it up.

FYI it's supposed to sound like this only way worse.... yet "better" at being bad.

But this band has alot of fans. I feel like with the people I know we could make a hillarious laugher of an album that would rape all the posers. I know a bunch of the guy that started the global trend that got out of control, from a few of their albums. Getting them on board would make it perfect.

Awesome! That sounds absolutely horrible! :encouragement: Perfect guitar tone for that!

You made my day. It's of course indispensable and probably alot more important to find guitar tones that sound good in the sense that they please most people including you're self. So its nice to know I'm doing a good job at making something that horrible universally(until it becomes some fad in awful tone lol). I appreciate your praise of my ability to make directed particularly planned out horrible noises when they are sometimes necessary ;)

I feel very sorry for the parents of that dormant carnivore group! the fact that someone would like that explains a lot about why our world is the way it is. I am not saying that no one has a right to like it just saying I can not believe any one would, and that is probably what makes it sell even more. the fact that its so awful. I guess it got me I listened to about 30 seconds of both samples, now I am baffled as to why I came back to this post! good luck!

I feel very sorry for the parents of that dormant carnivore group! the fact that someone would like that explains a lot about why our world is the way it is. I am not saying that no one has a right to like it just saying I can not believe any one would, and that is probably what makes it sell even more. the fact that its so awful. I guess it got me I listened to about 30 seconds of both samples, now I am baffled as to why I came back to this post! good luck!

OK. So some of my friends here in town in San Diego and some guys from Texas really got that type off music off to a roll probably back by 2006. I saw an unnamed band first playing stuff like that only slower and more hilarious and was like wtf. Somehow It was so bad I thought it was good and got their album at the show out of sheer WTF? Is this seriously a band and seriously an album? Over the years they grew quite the following world wide. They have toured throughout Europe and Asia and have over 100,000 facebook fans. How IDK. What was good and cool and funny about them quickly got copied over and over and over and over and over and over and over by bands around the world, and made more cliche and worse. I'll say as bad as that original album I think is bad I think its also awesome. Its weird I remember listening to it the first time and being like? wheres the talent, this sounds like a toilet flushing and a guy play a few chromatic powerchords in one huge slam for a 30 min album. But Then i'd listen and enjoy some of the ridiculous cheeese and so It ranks as one of my favorite albums and simultaneously one of the worst albums i've listened to. It's so baaaad but it's soooo catchy.
Fast foward and thousands of bands ripping that off over the last 10 years to their own tune and actually being so bad I can't listen and laugh and wonder how this is so horribly good and I wonder how so many bands could rip off a few bands, mostly not musical talent, same chromatic riffs, same toilet flush type vocals and it's like seriously? I get the first couple of albums doing something new and ridiculous and taking things to a silly level but all the copycats aren't improving on that. Some can be fun to listen to for a few minutes. SOme have forged distinct styles and actually play good music, that evolved in a good direction but for the most part.... so much crap I could put 50 bands on shuffle and hardly be able to tell the song had changed or the band had changed. That's my motivation Behind Slammerhead Shark. To troll the hell out of how stupid and out of control really dumb unoriginal music has gotten by being the most Br00tal low tuned toilet vocals band ever. I plan to tune guitar to E1 low E on 4 string bass and have 7 string Sub Contrabass going all the way down to E0 or 20.6 hz just so I can be the lowest because tuning lower isn't a gimmick that has gotten out of hand... It's the best way to make your band 9000x better every half step lower you go.

Here is the original album I speak of. I love it. I think its terrible. I think it's amazing. It went far enough. People didn't need to continue whoring the same style music for their countless thousands of bands. The funny thing is knowing the guys in this band I'm not sure how serious they were, just having fun, making silly music. They have evolved, are very different, and all cool guys. I'm sure they appreciate the fan fair but I don't think anyone would have expected they would have such an influence in creating a new style of music that people would copy, and then people would copy the copies. That's why I'm taking this as far is it can go. If i'm lucky I'll get Vocals from some of the original vocalists of this style that everyone decided they had to rip off as icing on the cake. And i'll laugh when everyone breaks their instruments or blows their speakers trying to tune that stupidly low and rip off my ultimate ripoff come full circle.

Here is one of the albums that started this fad/genre. Like I said all cool guys and it really was kinda fun when it started off before everyone copied them...
Cephalotripsy throwin it down almost 10 years ago, when the music love it or hate it was new and they were innovative before you could listen to this type of music and confuse them for almost every band that has ripped them off.

When did cliff model a pod xt with a broken speaker

Oh he didn't. I intentionally gain staged things to sound really bad then went into the amp models I used on the posted presets I made and played "Abyssal Pain Brutality" and "East Block Brutality" and changed a few things to make the amps sound a little "better." I've played with people still using line 6 Vetta heads, pod XT, pod bean, pod HD500 for that matter and so I know what really bad amp modeling with really horrible settings can sound like. I think I one upped a broken pod XT. I went into all the advanced settings and instead of tweaking the settings to create new sonically pleasing amps messed with dynamics, bias, excursion, triaode hardness, tube types, tonestack, presence frequencies, basically any and all the stuff most people probably shouldn't touch if they don't know what their doing to get over the top, fake, disturbing ultra high gain bizarre overdriven noisy bothersome amp behavior. I took cliffs great models and used all those handy parameters you can adjust to dial in the perfect tone and didn't stop adjusting until I was satisfied I had a sufficiently unnatural, tone and an amp that behaves in such a way that if it was a real amp and you owned you would pay your friends to take it away from you so you don't have to listen again. It's cool knowing how to make amps sound like different amps and behave differently to suit an amp that isn't modeled or modifies a signal in ways you find appealing. So from experience with that I just did kinda the opposite of what I would do if I wanted a nice natural, pleasant sounding overdrive from the amp. I haven't had this much fun with horrible distortion since I was a kid with digitech pedals. I remember being really young and trying to record through a digitech distortion pedal into my computer through a 1/8" converter. This isn't quite that bad, I mean these are some nasty tones but they are a much nicer nasty. Funny thinking back to those days such a long time ago and wondering why what was coming out of my computer sounded god awful and nothing like a guitar at all lol. I guess there's nothing to stop me from using all the nice gain boosting tools cliff has made and make something even worse with no cab sims.. Just like a metalzone into a really distorted amp I sccrew with and out the axe fx. That could sound really really awful but I don't even think I wanna take it that far.
To me there's an art to making unorthodox unpleasant type noisy distortion and there is such a great palette to paint both pleasant and unpleasant distorted uber gain ridiculous noises with in axe fx and still have it be something I appreciate in one way or another because I was going for something very abrasive via different methods being able to control the gain to make a diversity of all sorts of crazy high gain sounds unmatched by anything else, some which people probably would love presets of, some I made to be hated. It's kind of like abstract art to me with the gain, distortion, noise and amp manipulation for bizarre "undesirable sounds." Can I paint a nice portrait and make art alot of people will like and want to buy, absolutely. Do I enjoy that, very much so, but as an artist in this sense I have a wild side that likes to make more abstract esoteric sonic paintings that aren't meant to be beautiful. They are supposed to be as they are. Like that piece of abstract art that everyone stares at during an artshow and wonders why they paid money to see THAT most people probably won't like, but then there's always that one person that's willing to pay alot to have that piece of "amazing" bizarre art that no one else even cares to look at/ :)
That's what i feel like with axe fx. I feel like a painter, axe fx and my monitors(studio monitors and jbh layla IEM) are the easel and paint and the guitar the brush :)

You should have your fingers removed (and given to kids in other countries who don't have any) for creating such a bad tone, however, because you meant it, its now called art

I guess, you'll know when you succeed with your endeavors, after the first song, everyone in the audience spontaneously throws up :)

Back
Top Bottom