Skrillex's Signature Talking Bassline Synth

ok, here's a very quick first attempt. i wanna see if i can combine this with my glitch patch so you can live cutups with it as well...

i think it's too "meaty" at the moment, so i'll have another listen with fresh ears tomorrow if you like...or just go ahead and tweak it to your liking

External 1 (midi cc pedal) controls the whammy effect, btw...

cheers

sim

That's a great start simeon, Maybe with a format (if it doesn't already have one) and a wah both attached to the same controller? Maybe with a faster "saw" too?

It already has a formant and a sweeping filter, but I may need to make them stronger. The roughness is coming from two saw waves an octave apart. I may need to lower the level of the lower octave to smooth it out a bit. No time now...tomorrow...

No time now...tomorrow...

There's always tomorrow...
thumbsup.gif

Yes that great i've tried to but was really far a way from this one... It's more than a great start .
Thanks a lot Simeon, this sound really open creativity for me :)

ok, so i tweaked the patch slightly and also added a glitchy delay at the end of the chain for fun (you can delete it for normal play)

no more time to work on this now, i'm afraid...busy at the mo

sim

ps - just noticed a mistake in the patch - if you want to keep the glitchy delay (the last thing in the chain), then tie "external 1" (or whatever you changed this to) to the master feedback control - i missed it in my rush

Love it! I'd never heard of Skrillex, not surprising since I hadn't heard any dubstep I liked. But since this thread I've been listening to his material almost non-stop. Thanks so much for this thread, and for your patch Simeon.
I've read a couple of interviews with Skrillex, for a backing instrument, sometimes you need it to fade in and out so the 1 beat of the drum is the only thing heard. I'm experimenting with a Vol/Pan block at the end of the chain. Using LFO controller, and shape the parameter modifier in a bell curve. At the moment I'm trying Start 0% Middle 100% end 0%, slope 20%. Set the LFO to 1 measure and saw wave. But I think I need to experiment with it more.

This assumes you're receiving MIDI clock that all the band's gear is slaved to.

Thanks so much man! Really appreciate the response, would love to use this sort of thing for solos. I actually really enjoyed the roughness of original sample that you posted as well, any tips on adjusting the amount of roughness in the signal?

Back
Top Bottom