Skipping Preset 000

GreatGreen

Power User
So, I just got the delivery for my brand new MFC-101, and it's pretty fantastic so far. The form factor is great, the display is extremely legible, pretty much everything you could want in a foot pedal.

Anyway, I've messed with the display offset options, but that still doesn't quite do what I'm trying to do. With patch changes, instead of simply making either the MFC or the Axe-Fx display a different number, I'd like for switch 1 to activate patch 001, switch 2 to activate patch 002, etc.

Is this possible?

edit: I've found a solution. Basically, you have to go into the MFC's MIDI menu and manually change all the AxeFx TxMap 000->000 settings to be one number higher than default. So the setting I just listed would go from 000->000 to 000->001, then you do the next one ( 001->002 ) and so on. I did this for all of Bank A. Then I set the MFC's display offset to 1. That seemed to fix the whole issue. Now the MFC skips preset 000, and pressing switch 1 pulls up patch 001 and so on.

I'd love to know if there's a simpler way to do it though.

Last edited:
I'd love to know if there's a simpler way to do it though.

Yes there is. Please read Axe-Fx 2 manual on page 131 (Display Offset has to be set to 1) and MFC-101 manual on page 11 + 12 (Section 3.4 both Display Offset options should also be set to 1). In total you are modifying three different parameters. No need to manually map all the presetnumbers.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I would like to do the same thing, BUT not as guitargeorge has explained. What he is suggesting will make preset 000 be named preset 001. There will no longer be a preset 000. (Even though Axe-Edit will call it preset 000, but that's a different issue...)

I want there to still be a preset 000, just not selectable from the MFC-101. I want in the first bank, button #1 to recall preset 001, button #2 recall preset 002, and so on. I repeat - I still want preset 000 to exist, just not on button #1 on the MFC-101.

Is there an easy way to do this?

(Even though Axe-Edit will call it preset 000, but that's a different issue...)

This is also just a setting in Axe-Edit you can change/modify (Settings > Application Settings --> GUI).

I am confused what you want to achieve regarding your request: "There will no longer be a preset 000." Preset 000 will exist, but only be numbered differently. Maybe I am having a semantics issue reading your post. You want to access preset 000 only through your Axe-Fx, but not on the MFC-101?

Last edited:
This is also just a setting in Axe-Edit you can change/modify (Settings > Application Settings --> GUI)
Oh, ok. Thanks for the tip, gg!

You want to access preset 000 only through your Axe-Fx, but not on the MFC-101?
Exactly!
But to explain further, pressing button #1 on the MFC-101 would recall preset #001, not #000. (assuming the first set of presets)
I don't want any presets renumbered or renamed, just that the MFC-101 recalls preset 001 when pressing button 1, preset 002 when pressing button 2, etc.

I thought about doing the same thing too to leave 000 as a tweak patch. Until we have a COMPARE function, load up preset xx, copy to 000, tweak 000, save it, compare it with XX, etc. Then 000 can be saved to its final destination.
I did not get to implement it yet but I'd like to.

Exactly!
But to explain further, pressing button #1 on the MFC-101 would recall preset #001, not #000. (assuming the first set of presets)
I don't want any presets renumbered or renamed, just that the MFC-101 recalls preset 001 when pressing button 1, preset 002 when pressing button 2, etc.

OK; I am not sure if this can be done if your wish is not to renumber the presets (and not to use the display-offset options). If your wish is the same as user Patzag (to have some kind of a template/tweakpreset) then I would suggest to choose a preset number at the end of a bank instead at the beginning (for example at the end of bank C).

Back
Top Bottom