"Skipp the wait-list price"?

I have to admit.... I have been reading this topic and I am of the opinion that this was not a good move for FAS.

Perception is king in business which is why so many focus on how they are perceived.

No matter how you package this, to the outsider, this appears to be cashing in on your own hype. I am pretty sure that if FAS was publicly traded this would not have been allowed.

Someone mentioned Apple Inc. and they have been notorious for wait lines yet they have not (to my knowledge) ever offered a price that would allow a consumer to "skip the line"... regardless of how the company can rationalize the action.

Freedom to do an action is not a rationale to do it.... we are free to do many things we should not do, so saying that FAS has every right to do what they have here does not address whether they should.

Love my FAS products, just think this was a bad call.... Time will tell.

I have to admit.... I have been reading this topic and I am of the opinion that this was not a good move for FAS.

Perception is king in business which is why so many focus on how they are perceived.

No matter how you package this, to the outsider, this appears to be cashing in on your own hype. I am pretty sure that if FAS was publicly traded this would not have been allowed.

Someone mentioned Apple Inc. and they have been notorious for wait lines yet they have not (to my knowledge) ever offered a price that would allow a consumer to "skip the line"... regardless of how the company can rationalize the action.

Freedom to do an action is not a rationale to do it.... we are free to do many things we should not do, so saying that FAS has every right to do what they have here does not address whether they should.

Love my FAS products, just think this was a bad call.... Time will tell.
they've done this before. company is still around, stronger than ever, with products better than ever. time has told, in my opinion.

Does no one see the irony of all these "experts" talking about how Fractal should run their business, or pointing out what they are "doing" wrong, when FAS has a product that is so in demand that they have a huge wait list of folks lining up to pay $2499 for it, and then even folks who want the thing so badly that they will pay an extra $1000 just to get it sooner.

Sure seems like FAS knows what they are doing to garner that type of response if you ask me....

Go back to Chris. FAS has done this on almost every new product. It's hardly hurt. And it offers those with deep pockets to buy immediately.

And jeez, you get a discounted price by waiting a few days. How do you lose exactly?

Ron

...always always always go over many comprehensive user reviews (good and bad) with a fine tooth comb before buying any big ticket item...
User reviews are a rabbit hole. I look at a few, then stop. I've learned that, if I read a ton of them, I haven't learned anything more than I knew after reading a couple of them, and my remaining questions are still unanswered. That goes double for "pro" reviews.

Everything else about your post, I totally get.

User reviews are a rabbit hole. I look at a few, then stop. I've learned that, if I read a ton of them, I haven't learned anything more than I knew after reading a couple of them, and my remaining questions are still unanswered. That goes double for "pro" reviews.

+1 about the review rabbit hole - but I'm looking forward to hearing at least a FEW average Joe experiences before I purchase. Ideally, I'll get
my invite late summer when I'll know what rational me wants
to know (maybe an accurate timing given I was fairly late signing up on the waitlist)

nope. i believe facebook groups and similar harbor so much ill-will compared to a topic'd forum like this one. people like to complain and look at the negative side of things constantly - it's human nature - and FB has given that opportunity to everyone. it's therapeutic for the individuals, sure. even local news stories of things that are completely positive, the comments section gets dragged down on some detail that someone complained about, or even something not related at all. FB comments themselves have become a meme, and it transcends to groups too.

i used to be part of a few FAS groups on FB. one day i helped someone with an issue. i solved the problem. someone had to get in the comments and find fault with HOW i solved the problem. then started arguing with me on how i should have done it... i mean, what's the point?? it was solved, and very quickly. but someone always knows better, and FB is an excellent place for that.

here, it's not Yes-men, but just people who are tired of dealing with that stuff. take it somewhere else.

it's interesting that time and time again, people post on this forum calling everyone brown-nosers, fan boys, etc. but it's usually when those people just simply disagree. instead of possibly being wrong, it's everyone else's problem.

I get the same schtick. I help people on one of the FAS FB Groups and then get crap by someone else for helping "incorrectly". Dumb people will be dumb.

There's another detail that should not be missed as we carry the facts out to a social public who will only benefit from MORE information. Any unit that is sold on the gray market hurts our dealers, who work hard to provide services for the Fractal Audio community in their region. I'm talking about support, translation, repair services, tutorials, and much more. By allowing these dealers to be the only agency in their region to offer a warranty we give them one small way to protect their efforts against gray market sellers.

There's another detail that should not be missed as we carry the facts out to a social public who will only benefit from MORE information. Any unit that is sold on the gray market hurts our dealers, who work hard to provide services for the Fractal Audio community in their region. I'm talking about support, translation, repair services, tutorials, and much more. By allowing these dealers to be the only agency in their region to offer a warranty we give them one small way to protect their efforts against gray market sellers.
This is what I don't like @Admin M@ dealers who are in a tough market anyway are taking a hit by someone that wants to make a quick buck. I have seen 2 pop up on Reverb in the last 30 minutes. Human behavior is sometimes beyond explanation.

i don't think the waitlist is to create hype. i think it's to avoid the problem of putting stock on the website, and people having to be there THAT MOMENT to click "Buy" and checkout quickly. that's not a good experience at all. to me, that would be more about generating hype than a waitlist where you have to .... wait. wait ≠ hype in my opinion.

I generally don't like when people put words in my mouth... because _nowhere_ I said/wrote the waitlist was to create any kind of hype. :confused:

There's hype around the Axe-FX III, we can't deny it, it's a fact -- regardless if we believe the hype is only driven by customers anticipation and excitement or it's driven by the company marketing or any other factor. I personally won't even go into that kind of debate because I honestly don't even care, because I don't care or fall for any hype. And that's all I said about that... and if you doubt about it, you might want to read my comment again.

I generally don't like when people put words in my mouth... because _nowhere_ I said/wrote the waitlist was to create any kind of hype. :confused:
that wasn't my intention.
I don't fall for hype anymore...

The whole need to be in a waiting line (like in front of an Apple store for the new release of another stupid phone, tablet or whatever), it's the most stupid thing I could imagine of...
those 2 thoughts in the same post made it seem like they were related, so i spoke about hype in regards to the waitlist.

that wasn't my intention.

those 2 thoughts in the same post made it seem like they were related, so i spoke about hype in regards to the waitlist.

Again... why misquoting me and only pick what you want to read instead of the whole paragraph?
There would be no room for misreading me by reading the whole comment, with both whole paragraphes.

I don't fall for hype anymore (or any urge to get any gear... that's just tools) -- so I haven't even put my name on the list. I know that I'm gonna get the AFX 3 (no doubt about that), but I'm in no rush at all right now. I love my Amps and will keep my Amps even when I will have the Axe... because I'm pretty much just interested by effects. I have Amps that are worth way more than the Fractal, so they're not going anywhere. I have couple of other priorities right now and will add some Line6 and some other amps and effects first (such the new Marshall Origin and new PRS MT15 heads) and by end of the year, maybe even next year when things will settle down, I will get an AFX 3... it's not like it's gonna get bad by then, with updates it can only get better -- just like AFX II owners can still use their unit right now at full capacity.

The whole need to be in a waiting line (like in front of an Apple store for the new release of another stupid phone, tablet or whatever), it's the most stupid thing I could imagine of... But hey, it's a free world, to each his own if it's your thing... (to be fair, at least with Fractal waiting list, you don't have to physically waste your time... some precious time you could be so much more productive and creative than just "wait" to be sure you have the shiny "new stuff"). And since it's also a free market, Fractal has all rights to set any price they want and then let the customers to decide if it's "right" or not. If there's a demand... why not?! Good for them!

Again... why misquoting me and only pick what you want to read instead of the whole paragraph?
There would be no room for misreading me by reading the whole comment, with both whole paragraphes.
i'm just trying to explain how i read it.

i originally read both paragraphs, and that's how it came across to me. i quoted the pertinent information that made me read it that way. i'm not arguing or anything here. maybe it's crystal clear to you since you wrote it, but i'm explaining how it came across to me, and why i posted what i did.

Reactions: Rex

I get where you're going , but I disagree , in that I will read a TON of reviews , in order to weed thru the ones written by people who are challenged enough by WRITING - all on it's own. Every "meathead" feels "entitled" to write a review. Definitely more useless reviews than worthy , therefore ; unless I get lucky and read genuinely informative ones first , I'll read many. It helps to be somewhat informed before you start of course. Go in blind , and you might as well not bother reading any.

Does no one see the irony of all these "experts" talking about how Fractal should run their business, or pointing out what they are "doing" wrong, when FAS has a product that is so in demand that they have a huge wait list of folks lining up to pay $2499 for it, and then even folks who want the thing so badly that they will pay an extra $1000 just to get it sooner.

Sure seems like FAS knows what they are doing to garner that type of response if you ask me....

Hey buddy, I never questioned the quality of the Axe FX, just certain business decisions. I'll be the first to admit, and Ive said it a couple times in this thread alone, the Axe FX is a game changer. They are nearly single handedly destroying Rig Rundown because its just different bands with the same rig, sans guitars and basses. The music instrument industry is one of the few where companies have more of a vested interest in producing a quality product that stands the test of time vs. industries that work under the premise of planned obsolescence like cell phones and computers.

Why do dealers care about people reselling units ?

Are FAS provided translations and tutorials something new that comes with the 3 ? Never seen anything like that for the AX8.

Are FAS provided translations and tutorials something new that comes with the 3 ? Never seen anything like that for the AX8.

The dealers business is obviously selling units. If someone buys one through other channels then they aren’t buying from the dealer. Dealer views this as a lost potential sale which hurts their bottom line.
This is especially true of overseas transactions where maybe a US seller is willing to declare a low value etc and get a unit into the hands of a buyer for less money than buying new through official channels.

The dealers business is obviously selling units. If someone buys one through other channels then they aren’t buying from the dealer. Dealer views this as a lost potential sale which hurts their bottom line.
This is especially true of overseas transactions where maybe a US seller is willing to declare a low value etc and get a unit into the hands of a buyer for less money than buying new through official channels.

The resold unit was originally sold by the dealer so I don't see how he's hurt by a reseller. Reselling overseas, yes, I get the point but these are the terms and conditions of a free world and market.

I don't get it either. The amount of units being sold at a premium on eBay and Reverb is likely very, very few. How do these sales affect the dealers? If people are paying $3500 for one, then they obviously want to buy it now....not wait. Dealers don't even have them now.

Back
Top Bottom