"Skipp the wait-list price"?

It's the same reason I dont put stock in this forum, it's almost exclusively Yes Men to the Fractal staff. It's a HIGHLY biased group of people. Again, I love what Fractal has done to change the guitar game. Im on this forum because I fell in love with the Axe FX II and I expect the III to be even better. Im still going to voice my opinion when I think they make a poor choice. I think they rushed this whole thing out because other modelers were coming out that compete with the Axe FX and actually sound decent and Fractal decided they also had to put out a new product so people would be talking about Fractal again. They also very clearly took ideas like LED changable tags on the floor board from the helix and other switchers and the rig modeling from the Kemper. Not that I disagree with the choice to make improvements on their products, but like theyve been saying for a while now, they havent even used all of the power of the Axe FX II and I think that's pretty obvious with the fact that the modeling on the III is almost identical to the II. Im sure the III will get better in due time, but how much better, really? Even with all the additional CPU power, the III is only marginally better in terms of performance. Watch every video of people demoing it and NOBODY raves about the improvements. Everything is only *kinda* better.
I disagree with most of what you wrote above, and most of what you've posted in this thread.

I respect your right to your opinion... But it's only AN opinion.

You are correct. I fat fingered and made a mistake and have no problem admitting it. At least it got you to actually reply to my previous question.

And it is not irrelevant to me. If you have no intention of buying a unit and you have been so enamored by all the facebook complaints then I would question why you felt the need to come here and insult people and act like an ignorant fool other than to just be an ass.

I never said if I was or not, I may very well be. Im a HUGE fan of the Axe FX II, maybe I had money set aside specifically for the knowing Fractal had to do something with NAMM coming up recently. The only thing Im SUPER not a fan of is the FCs. Im pretty sure they cut the size of those down dramatically was, at least partially, to force people to buy multiple expensive control units. Watch, when the FC-12 ends up being $750 or more with about half the buttons of the MFC so you have to spend at least $1500 to get the same ease of use as the MFC, but at 2x the width which is obnoxious. Im sure you guys will all find a way to defend that choice as well. Feel free to save this post so you can quote me when the prices are released. Ill be the first to rub it in my own face if I'm wrong about this.

I was the only one who made the math mistake and owned it above. Please don't project a mistake I made on others. It's petty.

Im not, the other dude said I was high or something and he quoted the math. I was seriously wondering if every really thought it was wrong. I really do appreciate you owning up to the mistake though instead of deflecting in some way. That's generally the internet's way of dealing with things.

I disagree with most of what you wrote above, and most of what you've posted in this thread.

I respect your right to your opinion... But it's only AN opinion.

Opinion- yes, but an evidence based opinion which holds way more stock. You guys are entitled to your opinions as well, feel free to express them.

Opinion- yes, but an evidence based opinion which holds way more stock. You guys are entitled to your opinions as well, feel free to express them.
Way more stock than what? I've seen no evidence, only your opinion stacked on more of your opinion... But I'm not here to argue with you.

Feel free to continue, but I won't be...

Go to ANY facebook group
nope. i believe facebook groups and similar harbor so much ill-will compared to a topic'd forum like this one. people like to complain and look at the negative side of things constantly - it's human nature - and FB has given that opportunity to everyone. it's therapeutic for the individuals, sure. even local news stories of things that are completely positive, the comments section gets dragged down on some detail that someone complained about, or even something not related at all. FB comments themselves have become a meme, and it transcends to groups too.

i used to be part of a few FAS groups on FB. one day i helped someone with an issue. i solved the problem. someone had to get in the comments and find fault with HOW i solved the problem. then started arguing with me on how i should have done it... i mean, what's the point?? it was solved, and very quickly. but someone always knows better, and FB is an excellent place for that.

here, it's not Yes-men, but just people who are tired of dealing with that stuff. take it somewhere else.

Even with all the additional CPU power, the III is only marginally better in terms of performance. Watch every video of people demoing it and NOBODY raves about the improvements. Everything is only *kinda* better.
:rolleyes:

it's interesting that time and time again, people post on this forum calling everyone brown-nosers, fan boys, etc. but it's usually when those people just simply disagree. instead of possibly being wrong, it's everyone else's problem.

I never said if I was or not, I may very well be. Im a HUGE fan of the Axe FX II, maybe I had money set aside specifically for the knowing Fractal had to do something with NAMM coming up recently. The only thing Im SUPER not a fan of is the FCs. Im pretty sure they cut the size of those down dramatically was, at least partially, to force people to buy multiple expensive control units. Watch, when the FC-12 ends up being $750 or more with about half the buttons of the MFC so you have to spend at least $1500 to get the same ease of use as the MFC, but at 2x the width which is obnoxious. Im sure you guys will all find a way to defend that choice as well. Feel free to save this post so you can quote me when the prices are released. Ill be the first to rub it in my own face if I'm wrong about this.

I know you didn't say one way or the other. Duh. I was simply showing you that your comment that it is 100% irrelevant to me was incorrect.

Contrary to your posts, nobody is forced to purchase anything.

You can ramble on and on all you want with with your opinions regardless of the sincere lack of knowledge you are exhibiting. That does not make them factual and it does not explain why you feel the need to come to a forum you despise and insult not only it's owner but also the majority of the people here. Seriously, why do you feel the need too rub anything in someones face, even your own? It's just sad.

While you may excuse yourself as just speaking your mind, you have managed to offend quite a lot of people here and quite seriously come across, at least to me, as a petulant self absorbed troll.

Last edited:
Way more stock than what? I've seen no evidence, only your opinion stacked on more of your opinion... But I'm not here to argue with you.

Feel free to continue, but I won't be...

Agreed and I too will follow your lead. I get mine on Friday and just cannot wait to hear the new Kemper modeling implemented. LOL

Yes fractal can do whatever they want with their products and charge whatever they like, but lets not lie to all the loyal customers and act like this had anything to do with other people scalping units. People are going to scalp and gouge prices anyway once these $3500 units are sold out and on back order again. There were axe fx IIs selling for $5000-$6000 YEARS after it came out so we all know this does nothing to deter it. People can justify it any way they like, the reality is that this creates a terrible customer perception and makes the company seem shady.
It only creates a terrible customer perception when people attempt to vilify a company when their sole purpose is to protect buyers. Read the fine print and what @Admin M@ said. It's a "handful" of units, a difficult decision I'm sure because it takes away from the waitlist, and they're trying to keep people from paying way above retail and lose the benefit of a warranty. This is a simple case of speaking without knowing of what you speak. If Fractal was only in it for the money, would they offer free firmware updates practically every week, give personal tips on how to tweak their product and offer first class customer support? I think not.

If you want to call anyone shady, it's those on the waitlist taking advantage of Fractal's method of launching a product. The prices they are getting for them is proof that Fractal could easily sell their products for more but choose not to. Not every company is out to do whatever it takes to make a buck. Make sure when you think they are though that you do your homework and make sure you know what you're talking about.

It's the same reason I dont put stock in this forum, it's almost exclusively Yes Men to the Fractal staff. It's a HIGHLY biased group of people. Again, I love what Fractal has done to change the guitar game. Im on this forum because I fell in love with the Axe FX II and I expect the III to be even better. Im still going to voice my opinion when I think they make a poor choice. I think they rushed this whole thing out because other modelers were coming out that compete with the Axe FX and actually sound decent and Fractal decided they also had to put out a new product so people would be talking about Fractal again. They also very clearly took ideas like LED changable tags on the floor board from the helix and other switchers and the rig modeling from the Kemper. Not that I disagree with the choice to make improvements on their products, but like theyve been saying for a while now, they havent even used all of the power of the Axe FX II and I think that's pretty obvious with the fact that the modeling on the III is almost identical to the II. Im sure the III will get better in due time, but how much better, really? Even with all the additional CPU power, the III is only marginally better in terms of performance. Watch every video of people demoing it and NOBODY raves about the improvements. Everything is only *kinda* better.

If you don't think the III is a big improvement, why are you complaining about the waitlist for it?

Danny W.

Go to ANY facebook group right now that is talking about the price hike, like the Fractal Audio Axe FX group. A LOT of people are very angry about this. The forum is by no means a diverse range of opinions on Fractal products or tactics.
What price hike, they're not making you buy it at $3500... Stay on the list and get it for the normal price. If you read the print you'd know that only a few units were put aside for impatient people. Not that I care, Ive got mine sitting right in front of me

I am on the wait list, and I am not bothered by the jump ahead pricing.

Buying at 3500 is tempting, but that extra 1k could go to my planned Strandberg or Kiesel purchase. That guitar purchase is essential to my plan of becoming the first djenter old enough to need Depends.
rrogers ,,,, i like your sense of humor,, I am 62 , i sure enjoy my time with my Fractal equip.

Boy do you not spend enough time on the forum. There is more criticism (usually in diplomatic and reasonable form) here than any other of the forums I've been on. It's ENCOURAGED. It helps make the product better, it voices any disappointment, or desire, and in general gives the company a direct line to it's users (customers.)

People voice enthusiasm, this is a fact. But I will argue that FAS listens to those who DISLIKE something more than they hear the praise in an effort to improve.

R

Back
Top Bottom