"Skipp the wait-list price"?

I think the wording sums it up well. Bolding is mine...

"For those who absolutely cannot wait, a small number of units are offered here at a higher "skip the waitlist" price. Please consider this option before purchasing similarly priced units on eBay and other re-seller web sites. (Units purchased on the gray market are not covered under our warranty.)"

I view it as helping prevent folks from just buying off the waitlist for the sole purpose of re-selling it at a higher price.

I think the wording sums it up well. Bolding is mine...

"For those who absolutely cannot wait, a small number of units are offered here at a higher "skip the waitlist" price. Please consider this option before purchasing similarly priced units on eBay and other re-seller web sites. (Units purchased on the gray market are not covered under our warranty.)"

I view it as helping prevent folks from just buying off the waitlist for the sole purpose of re-selling it at a higher price.

That is an excellent way to prevent scams, I mean if you have the cash but no patience this is your way

They are trying to stem people from buying more than one unit and then scalping on E-Bay.

understand...

so there is someone who is speculating on the waiting list of a guitar processor?
No words
:mad:

Sorry for the 3D, for the moderators: if you want to close...
;)

By killing off the scalpers market this potentially gets more units to more folks quicker. Reason is people aren’t going to buy multiples, one to play, one to sell for profit. They will only buy if they actually want one to use, so more units to go further down the waitlist

Good overall, but I have to admit, if I had $5000 laying around I might buy 2, sell one for $3500 and then my new III only cost me $1499 lol

By killing off the scalpers market this potentially gets more units to more folks quicker. Reason is people aren’t going to buy multiples, one to play, one to sell for profit. They will only buy if they actually want one to use, so more units to go further down the waitlist

Good overall, but I have to admit, if I had $5000 laying around I might buy 2, sell one for $3500 and then my new III only cost me $1499 lol

I wonder why Fractal just didn't limit one per customer on the wait list? It would've had the same effect.

I just want two so I can have a backup. It replaces so much and I’ve pretty much committed my workflow to Fractal...I’d never play without a backup before and I don’t plan to start now...especially when the cost of replacing it is so high and there’s a possibility of having to end up on a wait list. Plus I don’t rehearse where I live anymore so having one at home and one at the studio just makes more sense for me.

Last edited:
I wonder why Fractal just didn't limit one per customer on the wait list? It would've had the same effect.

Probably because some folks had reasons to purchase multiple units for studios, touring rigs with backups etc.

Don’t want to tell a customer who’s trying to give you extra business your only going to let them have one. Might be a no sale situation then if they can’t have backups to take on tour etc

See above. Some players are semi-pro to pro players and they rely on their rig. They’re not going to skip buying a backup unit even if the unit has a solid reputation for reliability. Accidents and theft happen all the time and even if you’re insured, if you’ve got a busy performance schedule you don’t have time to wait on another waiting list or wait for an insurance claim to come through.

Really can't be upset with FAS over it. I mean every time a big new product is released with waitlist some go for a good profit and this way they are basically cutting that off from happening. Some people will see it as a bad thing but in a way the guy who wants to spend that much has a much better deal with warranty.

...so more units to go further down the waitlist

I see it a little differently - if someone is going to pay $3.5 on ebay and instead pays $3.5 to Fractal to skip the list, the same number of units are sold, so the waitlist is impacted the same. I see this as FAS trying to take care of future customers with a warranty and a direct buy from them, rather than some 3rd party, with the fess and such. Again, kudos to FAS for the approach and concept - and I hope you sell a bunch at the full price and make lots of extra money! R&D is expensive, and when I finally get my invite to buy I would love to know FAS is fully funded for the foreseeable firmwares...

Back
Top Bottom