SKB Travel Case for Axe-Fx III and FC-12

If you use an FC6 you could Deff mod the top piece more and fit an EV1 on each side.
If you have a 12 I don’t believe that would be feasible.

you could I suppose place the EV1’s in a pouch & place them in the rear of the rack behind the III &they should fit like that.

I placed the conditioner directly behind the G90, I’ve got maybe 3/8” clearance..I used 90 degree power & instrument cables to make it work but it works! lol

also have an amber LED strip mounted back there to help see as well as a removable key fob ledIncase I need to trace something.
proactively attached 1 6” extension into one of the power inputs on the rear of the conditioner & fed it to where I can hook up something extra Incase I need to Since I wouldn’t be able to access it at a gig unless i took something apart which I wouldn’t want to do lol
Nice. Can you post a shot of the rear of the case? I'm trying to picture how all that and the wall wart for your wireless fits together.

Nice. Can you post a shot of the rear of the case? I'm trying to picture how all that and the wall wart for your wireless fits together.
I will tomorrow however all that’s gonna be visible is the back of the 3 & the front of the conditioner..all the wiring is behind the conditioner inbetween it & the G90 but above the AFXIII so you can’t see anything 🤘🏽😅

Reactions: Rex
I will tomorrow however all that’s gonna be visible is the back of the 3 & the front of the conditioner..all the wiring is behind the conditioner inbetween it & the G90 but above the AFXIII so you can’t see anything 🤘🏽😅
Understood. My main question is, how do you make sure the wall wart for the wireless doesn't fall out. If it does, you're kinda screwed. I use cable ties wrapped around the power conditioner, but that could be hard to do if the conditioner overlaps the Axe.

Understood. My main question is, how do you make sure the wall wart for the wireless doesn't fall out. If it does, you're kinda screwed. I use cable ties wrapped around the power conditioner, but that could be hard to do if the conditioner overlaps the Axe.

ahh, yes your 100% right, i too have a cable a cable tie on the box shaped plug around the conditioner since there is clearance for that...but that plug in particular is for the led's on the rear of the case. the other plugs are all 3 prong & are fully secured...if those managed to "wiggle loose" im quite confident there would be other problems. :p

given about a decades worth of previous rack traveling experience I've only had 1 of those 3 - prong hook ups come un-done once...& at that was after the gear it was holding took a tumble down the stairs....so happy it was a shock case haha

I have a point of attention: The transportation wheels on all these products are the hard, small plastic wheels. GREAT when you are inside the airport, but most of us mortals will be walking on parking lots with the small bricks and your gear will be ruined if you "roll" it there. For lack of a better solution I bought a small handtruck, foldable, with air filled wheels. Works perfectly and keeps my gear intact. (and you can pile up stuff so walk up and down less times.
My point is: Every case with integrated wheels is, imho, pointless for 99% of the users for the parts where you need it most. I saw a case once, where the axe was attached to the lid of the pedalboard. For rehearsals and gigs ideal. Lift lid 90 degrees (straight up) Wire for power, wire to monitor and you're off. (There must have been a stud to prevent it toppling over.) It's like an ax8 super plus haha.

I have a point of attention: The transportation wheels on all these products are the hard, small plastic wheels. GREAT when you are inside the airport, but most of us mortals will be walking on parking lots with the small bricks and your gear will be ruined if you "roll" it there. For lack of a better solution I bought a small handtruck, foldable, with air filled wheels. Works perfectly and keeps my gear intact. (and you can pile up stuff so walk up and down less times.
My point is: Every case with integrated wheels is, imho, pointless for 99% of the users for the parts where you need it most. I saw a case once, where the axe was attached to the lid of the pedalboard. For rehearsals and gigs ideal. Lift lid 90 degrees (straight up) Wire for power, wire to monitor and you're off. (There must have been a stud to prevent it toppling over.) It's like an ax8 super plus haha.

So I verified before responding & although these wheels are small..they do have a rubber coating around them. Which explains why they didn’t scratch my hardwood floors hahaha (much to my wife’s happiness) it’s thin..but pretty neat. The bearings on them seem nice..it’s entirely possible I could swap the wheels out for some we use at work that would fit in this housing but also be pneumatic lmao that might be overkill however..maybe not 🤷🏻‍♂️😝

& I totally get the specific parking lot scenarios your describing. I would not recommend this to someone who isn’t willing or able to carry it across less than I’d deal terrain. Haha

s promised...so basically there is a insert that comes with it I modified it and took all the foam off except the corner parts to make it sit in there properly. It fits perfectly like that.
View attachment 61057View attachment 61058View attachment 61059View attachment 61060View attachment 61061View attachment 61062

Could you explain how you had to modify this in order to get the FC12 to fit? I am considering purchasing the same case, but I can't tell from the pictures how yours is different than the stock images on SKB's website.

Could you explain how you had to modify this in order to get the FC12 to fit? I am considering purchasing the same case, but I can't tell from the pictures how yours is different than the stock images on SKB's website.
I'm also interested in this type SKB Fly Rack case. Here's a YouTube video that shows the case pretty good:

The foam at the bottom looks pretty thick, the mod could be, reducing the thickness of the bottom foam to make room for the FC12 on top. I own one of these SKB cases, which is larger, with no rack or foam, and it's really well made. Have a great evening, and say safe. :)

Dave

I'm also interested in this type SKB Fly Rack case. Here's a YouTube video that shows the case pretty good:

The foam at the bottom looks pretty thick, the mod could be, reducing the thickness of the bottom foam to make room for the FC12 on top. I own one of these SKB cases, which is larger, with no rack or foam, and it's really well made. Have a great evening, and say safe. :)

Dave

Thanks for the reply. The OPs' case I'm interested in is actually 3i-231714GFX, which fits a Helix Control or Kemper Remote on top, above the insert. The video you posted is actually 3i-2217M124U, which is shorter and doesn't have a top section for the floor controller.

Upon closer inspection it appears that he removed the top layer of foam on the insert:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 43
Thanks for the reply. The OPs' case I'm interested in is actually 3i-231714GFX, which fits a Helix Control or Kemper Remote on top, above the insert. The video you posted is actually 3i-2217M124U, which is shorter and doesn't have a top section for the floor controller.

Upon closer inspection it appears that he removed the top layer of foam on the insert:
Thanks for the clarification about the SKB case. I see what you mean about the foam being removed from the top insert. I've been considering this SKB case: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...-3i-2317m146u-iseries-removable-fly-rack-case
There's no way the FC12 would fit on top, which is ok with me. SKB contacted Cliff about having a fly rack case made for the AXE 3 and FC6 or FC12. Not sure if that's still in the works, but there's a 50 unit minimum initial order for SKB to design and manufacturer the case. Have a great day and stay safe. :)

Dave

Last edited:
Super happy, I modified the top piece to hold my FC6, & I was able to mount a power conditioner on the top rear of the rack...I’m also able to fit my 4 wireless transmitters in a pouch on one side of the rack in the case & 2 other small pouches on the other sides that hold battery’s, picks, strings & basic tools.....& this whole thing rolls! I think I’m in love haha
View attachment 61126View attachment 61127View attachment 61128
Randy,

what power conditioner are you using? The only Furman I know that would fit is their Merit series. I’m debating if it’s worth it to get a 6u to house one of their classic series, but I like the all in one thing you’ve got going on.

Randy,

what power conditioner are you using? The only Furman I know that would fit is their Merit series. I’m debating if it’s worth it to get a 6u to house one of their classic series, but I like the all in one thing you’ve got going on.

I have the same case and the M-8x2 will fit the same. I modified mine differently, I just removed the extra layers of foam on the insert instead of cutting the plastic insert.

Attachments

• DipticExportSaveLocation.jpg
    DipticExportSaveLocation.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8624.jpg
    IMG_8624.jpg
    995.7 KB · Views: 87
I have the same case and the M-8x2 will fit the same. I modified mine differently, I just removed the extra layers of foam on the insert instead of cutting the plastic insert.
i will have to double check next time i get to my rack, it's one i got from work from a server room..damn thing weighs like 8 pounds on its ow
Randy,

i will have to double check next time i get to my rack, it's one i got from work from a server room..damn thing weighs like 8 pounds on its own but is super compact. i was aiming for the smallest possible size to carry so i didn't get the 6u rack version. now that i have the FM3 also i guess i should have gone with the 6u but it has worked wonderfully so far.

Honestly, I'd just love a 3U Bag Case with a side pocket large and robust enough to carry the FC6 and a couple expression pedals.

Back
Top Bottom