SKB Travel Case for Axe-Fx III and FC-12

I currently use a Pelican Air 1637 (Axe 3 with QLXD in 4 ru enclosure) and a 1525 (FC6, strings etc etc).

I'm interested, but would first need to know the weight.

Cheers,
Bob.

Just a quick update.
Took the SKB travel 4 space out to gigs this weekend. Not fly, yet I wanted to give it a whirl in a live situation.
No problems, nice wheels and decent handle. I did like being able to lift out the rack, and I only had to plug in power and XLRs. Oh, and a cable to my FC6. I did put a 2nd wireless in as a spare and that brings weight to exactly 50lbs...not sure if I will keep this in or not.

Regardless, I’m going to need to bring my Mono bag as a “personal item” on the plane with FC6, in ear system, cables, EV2, and various other items (like wireless body packs). Then 2 guitars in a Mono Dual case as carry-on item.

The SKB seems to be a decent option, yet NOT the least expensive, nor an all-in-one solution.
Still, it’s going next weekend for a real fly test.
Also, I am planning to check into repurposing my Pelican that has been carrying my AX8 and everything else, weighing 48lbs as I mentioned in my previous post. I think I can get new foam and cut new forms. Just need to see if it can fit the things I’d like and stay under 50lbs for flights. Thing is, no rack then...which is NOT ideal.

The SKB 4 space will take it’s first flight July 20/21st. I will report back.

OK, so my flight weight at the scale of Southwest Airlines counter was EXACTLY 50.0lbs.
Axe III and 2 Shure SLX4 wireless receivers. It's an SKB 4 space rack inside foamed outer shell.
Had to carry my FC6 and other stuff in a separate suitcase, not even an extra OZ available.
That said, everything went perfectly. The SKB has built-in TSA locks, which I very much enjoy.

If the case M has suggested fits an FC12 AND is still under 50lbs, might be worth a look.
This one will be my fly rig going forward.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...-3i-2217m124u-iseries-removable-fly-rack-case

I believe the SKB has an empty weight of 28lbs...yet I can't be sure about that.
Certainly it COULD work, yet I need wireless, so it doesn't make sense for me to go that way.

SKB asked me to gauge interest in a padded travel case for the Axe-Fx III and FC12. See the attachment for a mockup/rendering.
The price would be in the neighborhood of $500. 50 pieces would be the minimum order. If anyone would like to help arrange a "group pre-order" project, I can help to make the connections so this can happen. (A similar product offered for competitor products is based on an SKB "Standard" case. The dimensions of our products, however, require a customized version.)
Please add me to the group preorder.
But I prefer 4U for my matrix1000

Last edited:
All,

SKB asked me to gauge interest in a padded travel case for the Axe-Fx III and FC12. See the attachment for a mockup/rendering.
The price would be in the neighborhood of $500. 50 pieces would be the minimum order. If anyone would like to help arrange a "group pre-order" project, I can help to make the connections so this can happen. (A similar product offered for competitor products is based on an SKB "Standard" case. The dimensions of our products, however, require a customized version.)

This is a travel case for professionals. Below the FC is a 4U rack to holds the Axe-Fx III.

It would be similar to this:
https://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=1187&o=&offset=&c=160&s=80

Please don't bother to post any "No thank you" messages to clutter this thread.
Cliff , with all due respect and I don’t meant to disrupt but If it’s not set in stone so you think you’d consider another brand ???

RAB audio LLC is the most awesome studio /rack furniture , housing and equipment for our stuff IMHO, but lmk if you’re def going with SKB (ofc they are as good as RAB,but smaller private companies usually make better products - FAS for example )

just a suggestion if still open for discussions

how heavy is it? any wheels?
It’s pretty heavy I run a power conditioner, rack panel, and have all my cables in it. I’d say if I was guessing 60lbs but I’m not sure. It does have wheels and is really convenient for my setup and life.

...but I’m sooooooooo sorry. I forgot as I was leaving the church but I can get a picture Wednesday night. 😬

No, but if you buy the kemper version you can make it work. I did exactly that and outlined the spots for my ev1 and FC12 on the pedalboard part and cut them out along with removing the foam from the pedalboard so it would fit. It works great. I can post a picture of the pedal board part later today.

+1 on the pics

in my opinion is too big, too heavy and toooooooo expensive.
I prefer to keep 2 different cases.
Would be interesting to have a case for FC12 and EV1.
Now I am using this gator soft bag, very cheap but very efficient

https://www.thomann.de/it/gator_g_multifx_2411.htm

of course is not and hard case but it is very useful to transport the FC by the car.
Agree w Marco!

Other than a large touring band, there’s no need.

I already have SKB’s 4U w locking covers.

what I would LOVE is anything that works for the FC-12 and 2 expression pedals, along with room for cables etc.

basically the good old anvil style cases.

been looking for months and nothing out there is great. I’m thinking of fabricating an aluminum base to accommodate all 3, with a locking lid, pro latches corners etc. Not one of those raised boards. The FC-12 is high enough. I cannot find a truly suitable case for this purpose. A soft case is out of the question. Don’t want to ever end up with bent switches or damaged screens. I don’t see the need to have to have a removal type case either. Just fairly flat bottom Base that holds all components in place w drop interlocking hinges at the back and 2 twist locks at the front. Also one recessed aluminum handle

Agree w Marco!

Other than a large touring band, there’s no need.

I already have SKB’s 4U w locking covers.

what I would LOVE is anything that works for the FC-12 and 2 expression pedals, along with room for cables etc.

basically the good old anvil style cases.

been looking for months and nothing out there is great. I’m thinking of fabricating an aluminum base to accommodate all 3, with a locking lid, pro latches corners etc. Not one of those raised boards. The FC-12 is high enough. I cannot find a truly suitable case for this purpose. A soft case is out of the question. Don’t want to ever end up with bent switches or damaged screens. I don’t see the need to have to have a removal type case either. Just fairly flat bottom Base that holds all components in place w drop interlocking hinges at the back and 2 twist locks at the front. Also one recessed aluminum handle

I used to use 2 separate cases the gtour 24 inch one and a 3u rack it worked. However I prefer one trip from my car to the stage so it doesn’t bother me.

Last edited:
s promised...so basically there is a insert that comes with it I modified it and took all the foam off except the corner parts to make it sit in there properly. It fits perfectly like that.
View attachment 61057View attachment 61058View attachment 61059View attachment 61060View attachment 61061View attachment 61062
Awesome, i ordered one for myself..gets delivered tomorrow! (I use the FC6 so I’m happy to get an idea of how much space I’ll have to work with for my multiple wireless transmitters & maybe some spare strings & what not in a little pouch haha

Back
Top Bottom